Whatever Happened to dan pauselius

danpauselius

Still around, although I ain't cleaning anything except my windsheild on occassion. Definitely guilty of going out West and doing some hunting and drinking with Jeremy. Hopefully, I can get back out there for deer season ... they got some monster deer out there! Definitely did NOT win the lottery. Been doing a lot of reading about the black helicopters but no, they didn't get me (They really do exist, no joke) and as of yet I'm not in jail, although, everyday's an adventure so who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Local economy here killed me. I shut everything down. Finished out all my contract work, sold my restoration equipment (Gave truck and TM to bank) and am currently living the life of the average Joe. Things were actually OK because the wife had a great job but she got laid off a couple weeks ago. Nothing like getting kicked in the nuts twice. One thing I wasn't expecting was to find myself looking for a job when the job market was so tight ... that's been interesting. So, I guess right now, I'm living off receivables which are substantial but I've got to find a regular job that pays decent soon. I have to say, I really don't miss cleaning carpets or doing restoration work. I do miss the money as I've had to curb my gun buying habits a little.

Actually, the one thing I do right now is I host a political talk radio program on Saturdays. I must admit, I enjoy that a lot. Show's picked up a bit of a following locally so the station just moved the show to what they consider prime Saturday slot which is 1-2 PM. They offered me 5 days a week but radio doesn't pay well until your show gets syndicated which may never happen so I need a regular job. On the upside, I've been spending a lot of time with the kids, LOL. They're fun when they're not driving me nuts. In fact, today was my daughter's first birthday and it wasn't interrupted with a restoration call ... how nice.

You can listen live on Saturdays at 1 PM on the web: http://www.wtbq.com

Anyway, I sincerely hope that all your businesses are doing better than mine, or should I say the one I had. It's tough out there, I don't know how some of you guys are doing it.

p.s. The economy isn't going to get better anytime soon, in fact, it's going to get a lot worse. Not trying to ruin anyone's day, just trying to forewarn you in the hope it will help you prepare.

danpauselius

scotty747 said:
werent you interupted with a call on turkey day? missed a familey fight?

That was Christmas. I think that was right around the time things started getting really slow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom