Whats a zerorez Truckmount? anyone?

randy

Name
Randy
I would be more concerned with who will work on it than the price. Old ball machines can be a disastrous experience.

Ryan

I've been wondering about that truck for a long time. Does anybody know anything about them? What size blower? What type of heat source?

Farenheit251

2002 Isn't that around when Zerorez started? With a lot of unique innovations I would be surprised if they got it right from the gitgo. Since it is a franchise you won't heear about the problems like you would if it was a regular manufacturer.

Name
George Valliant
It's got to be a typo.

That truck could be priced 3 times higher and nobody would bat an eye.

If it's mechanically sound you'd be crazy not to buy it at that price! I would buy it right now except I'm tapped out from the recent purchase/repairs of a Vortex.

SOMEBODY BUY THIS THING ALREADY!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Ryan said:
I've been wondering about that truck for a long time. Does anybody know anything about them? What size blower? What type of heat source?

tells ya on the spec sheet

Greenie

um....where would you park it?

not on my street.

It's just a poor man's vortex with a big ass diesel burner in a moving truck....i wonder what PTO they are using, and when it's due for a brake job and trans service....trucks like that should not be given to chimps.

Name
George Valliant
This Zerorez machine was made by one of three manufactures currently making "Class A" truckmounts.

Vortex

SteamAction

ZeroRez...

Kerosene, or diesel fuel, is used for heating water. The cost to operate an oil fired unit is less than the cost to operate a propane unit. But, propane can be used indoors and oil fired cannot.

Chris A

Name
Chris
can't that scenario be avoided by just doing a little maintenence once in a while?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Damn those machines sound scary.

Seems like a big risk for hotter water and more vacuum?

scared0008.gif

Bjorn

what did you stick your hed down to check the pilot light and POOOOF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no we know why you have painted on eye brows

Name
Nate W.
Odin said:
what did you stick your hed down to check the pilot light and POOOOF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no we know why you have painted on eye brows

shiteatinggrin

I can relate..... :lol:

Greenie

Shawn,

Thank you for that detailed explanation.
Now I have a question for you:

Is it true that a .99 breather stone on the vacuum actuated diverteron both the AT and Vortex could be clogged by road grime and diesel exhaust and cause the diverter to stick in (Heat Exchange) mode, and essentially destroy the HX if not hurt someone in the process?

This is the same type of breather you would find on the gearbox of an RX20 if some forum members are wondering.

Ryan

Greenie said:
Shawn,

Thank you for that detailed explanation.
Now I have a question for you:

Is it true that a .99 breather stone on the vacuum actuated diverteron both the AT and Vortex could be clogged by road grime and diesel exhaust and cause the diverter to stick in (Heat Exchange) mode, and essentially destroy the HX if not hurt someone in the process?

This is the same type of breather you would find on the gearbox of an RX20 if some forum members are wondering.
Ouch

Greenie

Thank you.

as for the .99 (cent) reference, i was just referring to a low cost (plastic fillament breather) vs: the $4.99 brass and stainless version....lol

What I lovingly call the .99 vortex slayer.....as in Keep it Clean cause it's pretty damned important!
Even better,(for engineers) design it so it's protected and easily serviced inside the box.

and I'm honored to be in good company with Jim M.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
this thread is pretty funny, since aerotechs system is being put down, by pointing out what could happen, and to my knowledge hasn't yet, a guy named Rob Barnes, just so there is no way anyone can say I am not telling the truth, I will say who this happened to so, the story can be verified, anyways rob barnes was driving over what we call the point of the mountain, its a moderate grade on I -15, anyways the exhaust diverter on the vortex equiped truck he was driving got stuck, this caused the zen HX to explode and blew brake fluid, which is what zen is all over the inside of the trucks box, on to a couple of oriental rugs not to mention making a huge mess inside the box, I suppose no one got hurt or could have however if this stuff leaked out onto the hot truck exhaust, like say via a hole in the box, you got a fire. fire or shrapnel, although I still don't know for sure if the AT HX would actually grenade itself if it over heated, I would think some sort of blow off valve could prevent this among many other redundant safety items.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Red Herring: The issue of routing the exhaust into the truck.

These trucks have a separate cab. No exhaust runs into it. Exhaust running into the box is a NON-ISSUE. Just a scare tactic.

Sorry Shawn. I'd be happy to help you develope a better argument.

Thanks,
Lee

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
One can get around the breathing stone issue and mount the entire solenoid unit inside the truck and keep it out of the weather and dirt....

100_2662.jpg

IMG_3563.jpg

there is 26 inches of vacuum on these hose that come from the booster off the back of the alternator...which is more then enough to move this inside and add the extra hose....

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Shawn York said:
[quote="Lee Stockwell":hmtoxg0e]Red Herring: The issue of routing the exhaust into the truck.

These trucks have a separate cab. No exhaust runs into it. Exhaust running into the box is a NON-ISSUE. Just a scare tactic.

Sorry Shawn. I'd be happy to help you develope a better argument.

Thanks,
Lee

Lee,

Would you like to re-think that post for a minute before you look like a complete idiot again? Good grief - how many times do I need to bitch slap you?

Steve,

You ARE an Idiot.

As you were.

.[/quote:hmtoxg0e]

York appears to me to be the idiot by calling Lee and Steve idiots instead of addressing the subjects of their posts.

Back
Top Bottom