Whats an Emperor pump 2000 psi? LES?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
What is this pump. some Tm manufacturers are switching from the cat 90 to this. My question is this............ if your running a #3 little giant, you cant go over 1000 psi anyways so why would they go to a 2000 psi? Is this pump any good never heard of it. Tcs now has them posted on there site. There specs have changed.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I got mine from Cobb. Great pump for the reason it will handle higher heat up to 185 F. and can be run dry for several hours with no damage. You never INTEND to do that, but give allowance for Murphy's law.

Thanks,
Lee

joeynbgky said:
What is this pump. some Tm manufacturers are switching from the cat 90 to this. My question is this............ if your running a #3 little giant, you cant go over 1000 psi anyways so why would they go to a 2000 psi? Is this pump any good never heard of it. Tcs now has them posted on there site. There specs have changed.

That is the same pump we use on the C-4, but we pump cold water and it can run dry a long time like 6 hrs.
The 4 HT heater psi is 1500 max.

PictureorVide.jpg

THANKS

LES

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Thanks LEE and Les, Was just wandering about that pump. good to know that people like it. IS it cheaper or more expensive than the cat 290?

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
One of the best truckmount pumps ever is the Cat 290. If your unit uses a 290, leave it alone! We rarely rebuilt one or had any problems under 10,000 hours. Didn't even change the oil unless a seal leaked.

They don't work so well for last stage chemical injections and pressure washing, so manufacturers replaced them with other pumps. The 3CP, 5CP, Comet pumps... reliability not so good. Rebuilds or catastrophic failures were common at a thousand hours, and the Cat rebuild cost almost as much as a new pump.

The General Emperor HTX we bought for trial purposes in 2003 is still running at 6,000 hours with no problems, and we've specified that pump for every truckmount since. HydraMaster now uses the Emperor as their stock pump so we don't have to special order them anymore.

I'll thank Larry Cobb for the tip on this pump every time the subject comes up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom