What's in your bag? PPE

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
IMG_2126.jpg

What do you have in your personal protection bag?

With the costs of PPE, you can tie up a small fortune in safety equipment. Having a bag for each technician allows them to be responsible for the items they need.

Here's our load list:
Tyveks Suits
Bump Hat
Ear Plugs
Safety glasses
Goggles
Full Face Respirator
Half Face Respirator
P-100 Organic Vapor/Acid gas
N-95 disposable Respirator
Dust Mask
Box Nitrile Gloves
Leather Gloves
Band-Aids
Hand Cleaner packets
Alcohol Wipes for Cleaning PPE
Zip lock baggies (respirators, open cartridges)
3-M tape (tape wrists, tears in tyvek)

*Be sure everyone is Pulmonary Function Tested (PFT) before they wear respiratory equipment so that you're sure they are capable of the restriction.

They should also be fit tested to ensure proper fit of the respirator!

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I don't have 1/3 of that!! and it's not in a nice neat bag either :oops:

What about a hand alcohol sanitising gel? I have them in all vehicles and a large unti at the shop.

Do you supply them latex disposable gloves? We only buy the powder free (black trousers show up white hand prints) and I have a pack in each vehicle as well and recommend they double glove for any bodily fluid clean up for safety.

John

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
John it's fourth from the bottom, the packets seem to work better for us but you do have dispose of the paper.

We got away from the latex, but when we were using them they were powder free. We use the nitrile gloves, nearly the same price.

The trucks usually have a box as yours do, but the personal bags made them responsible for having their own gear with them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom