What's it cost to move a tm to a new van?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
For that much, I'd just about be tempted into trying to move it myself! You must have went to jarred:clap:. Heck, local disty wanted like 2k to install the unit when I bought it.

Fuel taps sound intimating.

The EPA-approved fuel taps come with feed tubes & exact instructions . . .

and do make the job easier. We do have a few tips that we can share if you purchase from us.

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index...sult&search_in_description=1&keyword=fuel+tap

A good auto mechanic can do the EPA tap in 30 minutes, if you are not comfortable with it.

Larry

J

JS41035

You can't reuse the sliders for work, but they do work sliding the machine around.. if you want to make it slide easier you can apply the trim restore on the flooring (which I do anyways to keep it black) and it will slide with great ease.

If you have a rhino lined floor. The sliders just don't work. At least not with a 405. Maybe on a smooth floor in a box truck. 1.5"
Heavy wall tube 3 ft long. Get the machine on that and it moves relatively easy. Even if it weighs 1200 pounds. Getting the machine in the van is the hard part. Scooting it into position is all about leverage and willpower.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Perhaps sliding on a carpeted floor.

I promise you will just kill good sliders attempting to slide that Genny on that floor.

I promise...

Sliders are good for moving heavy furniture and things.....not so good on 12-1500 lbs of dead weight, as the Genesis weighs. I am heading to Harbor Freight to pick up some car dollys. They should work. You can push a car or truck around the shop if you have all 4 wheels on those dollys. They're pretty neat.

Name
I'm Rick James
If you have a rhino lined floor. The sliders just don't work. At least not with a 405. Maybe on a smooth floor in a box truck. 1.5"
Heavy wall tube 3 ft long. Get the machine on that and it moves relatively easy. Even if it weighs 1200 pounds. Getting the machine in the van is the hard part. Scooting it into position is all about leverage and willpower.

You're right its tough if you have resistance on the flooring with rhino lining, its not something you want to do alone either. I have never used the tubes but will keep them in mind if the sliders don't work. The machine I mainly slide are mid size TM, the biggest being the 405.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
recently moved a 450 MAXX from a cargo van to a newer dodge that was a passenger van. JonDon removed all the seat rails that were welded to the van floor and swapped out the machine, hose reel, added a chemical shelf, plywood floor with carpet
$3000

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
As Larry said a good mechanic can put a tap kit in fairly quickly but be careful of who you hire to do the work. An ASE certified mechanic installed this beauty for an old customer of his(now our cust) and charged them for it. This is NOT what a tap kit should look like View attachment 4958

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom