What's it going to take to turn our non working work force around?

Mikey P

Administrator
Got this from a new customer today..

"By the way I recently landed a large client and looking to add 3 additional bill collectors. I’m looking for trainable team members who can talk and not afraid to ask for money. If you know anyone since well no one wants to work and we have a whole generation who doesn’t talk, it makes it hard to find Collection Analysts. It’s a great opportunity to someone who didn’t go the college route, you can make some great commissions on top of a decent hourly rate."

Name
Matt Ross
I love to work. Doesnt mean I want the miserable job of sitting at a desk all day calling people to demand money and get hung up on 99 percent of the time. I would do it if I had to, but I would never have to.
Obviously there is a problem with people wanting to work, but in this case I understand. There will always be some hard workers, and lots of lazy people. As long as handouts are given, it will just get worse.

Reactions: Fat Mike

FredC

Village Idiot
I love to work. Doesnt mean I want the miserable job of sitting at a desk all day calling people to demand money and get hung up on 99 percent of the time. I would do it if I had to, but I would never have to.

^this

Lots of people are working and that is probably contributing to the issue more than anything. Also every salary plus commission job I worked turned out to be shitty. Remember the commission is paid when you get someone who doesn't pay bills to pay. Probably much harder to even talk to someone with the blockers available now.

In the mid 90s I did I/O collections for a rent to own company. I excelled at it mainly for the reasons your customer stated. I would grind through the call list and I wasn't afraid to ask for money. Took 3 routes from 40+% past due down to 2.something. Those around me just seemed burnt out, full of excuses, and their routes were crzy high past due. I probably would have ended up like them eventually.

I did get written up a time or two :lol:

still kind of pissed I didn't get my $2 bills as "awards"........

Last edited:

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
did 6 months repossessing face to face

half the jobs you wanted to crack them in the head for their atitude and stupidity

the other half you just felt a jerk as they were people who often had circumstances outside their control

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
did 6 months repossessing face to face

half the jobs you wanted to crack them in the head for their atitude and stupidity

the other half you just felt a jerk as they were people who often had circumstances outside their control

There’s no way I’d ever sign up for that type of work. How depressing is that?

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
yeah wasn't fun

I needed out after a job where I repossessed the t.v., stereo, washing machine and freezer (after emptying it on the floor) from 2 crying kids while their useless mum was passed out on the couch..

• Angry
Reactions: BIG WOOD

Mikey P

Administrator
This wasn't meant to focus on the repo racket, rather every industry that involves hiring employees to do something other than work at home on their PC.

Mechanics, oil changers, wait staff, service technicians of all sorts, plumbers, electricians, framers etc..

Try and get a sub 30 year old who's interested in using their body to make a living.

The few that are willing have nothing upstairs.

steve_64

There will be plenty of unemployed people looking for work once the democrats get the presidency back.

• Wow
Reactions: SamIam

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
This wasn't meant to focus on the repo racket, rather every industry that involves hiring employees to do something other than work at home on their PC.

Mechanics, oil changers, wait staff, service technicians of all sorts, plumbers, electricians, framers etc..

Try and get a sub 30 year old who's interested in using their body to make a living.

The few that are willing have nothing upstairs.

Completely agree... I see a day when these kids become adults and know how to do nothing. They can code a computer game in an hour, but cant change a light bulb.

10 years from now there will be service companies that come out to change light bulbs and furnace filters for these boneheads.

Name
Jeff T
I do a fair amount of work for a few tech companies.
From what I’ve seen, we are doomed....
Slippers under desks, baby blankies, little toys all over, cute sayings on coffee mugs (no, sorry, tea vessels), and generally signs that this generation is still in an infantile mindset, they want to be coddled into adulthood....

Reactions: SamIam

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
My wife is an enabler to my two sons. We talk about it all the time. Where I am blunt she has to sugar coat it to the boys so it doesn't hurt their feelings. But she has failed miserably by telling me it's okay to poop my pants. I need her to stop mothering me.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
.............10 years from now there will be service companies that come out to change light bulbs and furnace filters for these boneheads.
Damn, Jerry.

I had to take my GMC to my trusty mechanic to change the blinker bulb.
It needed a metric tool (which eventually I managed) + to reach a hidden plastic clip, which on the second attempt broke (because GMC needs to find a way to make that extra $$.)

Does it mean that I am generationally young at heart? :winky:

Name
Jeff T
Damn, Jerry.

It needed a metric tool (which eventually I managed) + to reach a hidden plastic clip, which on the second attempt broke (because GMC needs to find a way to make that extra $$.)

Great design on their part eh Ofer?...
I’ve had to change the right one 3 times, and the left one, once.... total PITA....

Reactions: ruff

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
nobody in their right minds wants to work FOR carpet cleaners.

Still waiting for you to move on to RE agents and dentists.

Silly for you to assume I haven't moved on or diversified. I still work with some carpet cleaners but they're highly pre-qualified these days. Not actively pursuing them. I enjoy the industry, considering I cut my teeth in it at 16 and I enjoy being helpful when I can.

I own a few different brands besides the one you're aware of. We work with a lot of brick and mortar places like electronic repair companies, charter/party buses, driving schools, a few attorneys, and lead gen in other industries too. Consolidating brands into 1 down the road is the plan.

RE Agents are snooty, cheap, and don't pay their bills on time.

Reactions: Mikey P

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Damn, Jerry.

Nope. It means some millenial engineer needs to be stump hung.
I have a part timer whose right front headlight burned out and earned her a ticket.

I could not figure out how to change it so I had her take it to my mechanic, who had to take off the wheel, remove the wheel well cover, shuffle things around and finally, gain access to the bulb. It took two hours of shop time! He says that is just how they are designed.

I think it is a retarded design.

Reactions: ruff

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom