What's keeping you from improving your website?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Money?
Lazy?
Talent?
Knowledge?
IDGAS?

I see a ton of what I consider to be websites that will run your customers off instead of getting them to call.
These websites are doing more harm than good.

Say a potential customer see's your Google Places account. Google has set it up nicely and you have a great name like "Superior Carpet Cleaning" :roll:
Anyway, they decide to click on your site for a quick look and "HOLY CRAP!!" They click out of it and go to the next guy.

Your Website is your store front.

You are better to have no website at all than to have bad site that will give you a bad rep.

Just askin.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Money?
Lazy?
Talent?
Knowledge?
IDGAS?
You forgot "Time", I messed around in Publisher for a week laying out pages of what I want our new website to look like and I was up to 43-pages, including service pages and subpages. It became a little overwhelming and I shelved it and began working on other things. I need to get back on it and at least work on the main pages and get something up and then continue with sub pages.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am working on mine and set a deadline of Saturday 5 o'cloack to complete the first full draft

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Mine could use some improvement for SEO since i'm nowhere to be seen on searches, with the exception of pay sites like Manta and Yelp.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Are you talking about mine Brian? I have a friend working on it. He's actually making a new one, he just doesn't have much time. And yes he knows what he's doing.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Brian R said:
Hey, didn't I give you a new avatar?
Yeah but it was blurry and my phone number was on it. U doing the avatars? I tried to redo just the logo, but it won't work

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I need help!!! www.dryh2o.com to basic, have good ranking but does not bring anything in.

I think the pics show that you are a professional company and that you mean business.

I wonder when you say you have good ranking....does this mean that it comes up when you search for water damage (your city)? I don't think I see you.

Albert

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
There you go Bill...it's a little better.

I guess Mr. Tru Klean didn't like his either. :lol: ....I just took it off his site but I'm sure that wasn't his logo.

Anyway, I'm not talking about anyone in particular as far as ugly website go....but you know who you are. :lol:

Here are the key ingredients to the DESIGN of a good website

Colors...soft

Organization...Good

Photos...Well placed, quality and not of your fricken truck (at least not on the front page). shiteatinggrin

Information...A good amount of it...but in the right layout IE: phone number etc in top right hand corner and so on

Complete...use some kind of template if you have to because most websites just look like they threw a bunch of photos and paragraphs on a page...think back to organization.

Last but not least "borrow"....Look at some really good site geared toward the female home owner...doesn't have to be carpet cleaning.

You can use a similar layout and colors and all that comes with it...just use your own info and photos etc.

It's like when some of these guys got their site built (or built it themselves) they never looked at another website in their lives.

Good luck.

Did I mention that I build web pages. lol...ok I really need to stop plugging my crap.
But here's an example of a page...it's just a page and it list the company's website on it.

Web Page

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
There ya go....I don't know what the hell I was thinking. I remember your logo now.

Too much brain activity lately.. Circuits on overload and any other cliché statement you can think of. :|

HydroDude

Name
JB
Brian R said:
Did I mention that I build web pages. lol...ok I really need to stop plugging my crap.
But here's an example of a page...it's just a page and it list the company's website on it.

Sorry but I'm not impressed...looks like you did do it yourself...

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I wonder if it is even necessary to even have a website anymore?

I Think if you had a top ranked listing and more reviews that the rest of you competitors you could do very well without a website and add in some directory listing and you are still all over the web.

I know a lot of my new clients don't even go to my website.

As more web devices become more common place your places listing will become even more important.

The top of the fold rules!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
McKinley Henson said:
[quote="Brian R":1oy14rh9]

Sorry but I'm not impressed...looks like you did do it yourself...[/quote:1oy14rh9]

It's slightly cookie cutter to keep the continuity of the site as a "network". The info and logos etc change but the format stays the same.

I built my carpet cleaning website...let me know what you think.

Priority Carpet and Tile Cleaning

gavin

Time is the big one for me.

But I do notice that when i do have lots of time in the winter i end up spending much more time updating.

so about once a year I pull an all nighter and "re-do" my web page.

I always think that it is so much better, but I'd bet you cold money that i am going to think that it is crap in a year.

I don't know, what do you think of it.

http://bellinghamcarpetcare.com

shoot me an email

gavin@bellinghamcarpetcare.com

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah, it's crap. :mrgreen:

Actually it's not bad...very simple...I would lose the glasses unless you're cleaning for the "lady's" and not their moms.

where's your phone number....move them up to the top right and make them stand out...don't make her look for it.

It's not horrible.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom