Whats makes a Cleaning Company Green?

What do you do?

• Our cleaning agents go great with Grape Nuts.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Owner/staff are vegetarian/veGun

• Use VLM methods to save water

• Use energy efficient equipment

• Donate our hair clippings to 4th world rug manufactures

• Turn off computers and other electrical devices when not in use.

• Total voters

Clark

Pay $6000 to the Green Seal people and pay $1000 a year there after and you’re Green. You maybe use hydrochloric Acid to clean with but you’re Green.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Mikey said:
Or in reality, one lone pad like most OP hacks do.

LMAO

you are right when you say there are many ways to play the game

diesel for the most part here is B5 which is 5% bio so you can run this in your rig and say you are burning biofuel

if you look at LEED rating systems you can offer bus passes to your employees to earn credits to reach cetain standards, doesn't matter if they actually use them

you can put out a rain barrel to collect your water to be considered green

in carpet cleaning, low moisture would go a long in considered being a green company

some times it really isn't about what you remove but what you don't put back into the enviroment

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I donno what it takes.
But my son does I guess.
He just got back from Washington DC from his certification class to give "carbon footprint" audits to busnesses

Interesteing side note (to me anyway) I just happened to notice on the bag of Tostitos I'm eating right now,

"made with all natural oil"

as opposed to what "other kind" of cooking is ever used???? :roll: :roll:

..L.T.A.

Name
I'm Rick James
Your right this is still a broad issue, with many opinions. You can be as green as you want to be. Some only use green chemicals and some do more than just use green chemicals and try to be a green company. Shawn had a great link that he posted.

I believe within the next 5 years there will be a bigger demand for green cleaning around the country than there is now. Green is very $$green$$ here. That is why I am taking the approach that I am. I am trying to be the greenest company in town and the world. I have big plans with many ideas. I just need the time to make a dream become reality. :mrgreen:

Greg Loe

A. I'm green because my carpet rake has a wood handle. That way no synthetic waste is produced in the manufacturing of the rake.

B. I'm green because I use a synthetic broom handle on my carpet rake. That way no trees are cut down in the making of it.

Please choose a or b for your answer. :mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
admiralclean said:
I produce all natural waste material.

And you are happy to root around in it afterwards. :mrgreen:

Hense the saying..."Happiener than a pig in..."nevermind.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I burn nothing but green fuel. According to some, millions of years ago my fuel was green plants and animals, which died and have now become fuel oil, not to mention the natural gasses they gave off. Can't get much greener!
And of course the plants got their energy from the sun, and nutrients from the earth, so fuel is a mix of earth nutrients and solar energy.

Name
I'm Rick James
Did you guys see GREEN living now has its own channel on cable. The wave is getting bigger

:mrgreen:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I had a client phone me and she asked if I was using green solns. It was a trick question. She had someone come in before that used "green" solns and she wasn't happy with the work. She wanted a cleaner that was going to "clean" the carpets. What's the sense in being green if you can't remove the soil from the carpet??

I asked Joe, the chemist from Prochem, what was the down side to the green line they produced. He simply said they don't clean as well. That was in 06 or 07 so they might have "improved" them by now.

By using the O2 system I can say that I am cleaning with "safe" cleaners yet they will really clean the carpet.
The CanAm runs on propane which is cleaner than gasoline.
The online ungreen is the diesel which gets me there.

What makes a company green? By what the public is asking me, it has to do with safe cleaning soln's and doing whatever else to have a lower environmental impact.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom