What's that sucking sound?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
After a couple months of winter normal avg. temps aren't so bad. You somewhat get used to it, you already know it's going to suck...

It all depends on the wind. -10 is not so bad for short periods of time, dressed appropriately, hats gloves, boots, etc. Any wind and it can feel like -25(wind chill).

ONE cool thing, when it is super cold(-15 or so) if you go outside late at night it's spooky how quiet everything is. The cold air feels pure in the lungs. This enjoyment lasts for about three minutes, then you go inside thinking, why do we live here.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I feel busy, but I plow snow, work at local disty two days a week, restoring a truckmount, and cleaning.. Numbers are up for carpet cleaning and I have 10,000 Sq ft. job I have coming up... I need to keep busy in winter or that seasonal depression kicks in..

I had a weird request come in this week, they said they wanted a 2 million dollar umbrella policy! Well I'm at a million, and it would cost 2-3,000 more a year.. It's only a 114 unit property, he can KMA!! :lol:

Reactions: Bryan S. Bennett

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I've been busy, thank god. sales for January and febuary is nearly double last year.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
wind chills at -35 degrees. Don't know if I personally have ever felt that cold of a temp.
]

i have
layer well with quality duds and cover all skin...

coldest air temp (no wind chill added) I've personally seen/been in was -27
Was the coldest here (my little piece of Ohio)in my lifetime ...sometime in the late seventies/early '80s
Coldest temp I've worked outside (not CC'ing) was -23

coldest CCing was -12

15 below tonight
have to get the drive and deck in order tomorrow ...got a CCW class Sat morn

I hate bitter cold
I've learned to layer and deal with...but i hate it

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
Honestly, we're far busier than we should be..

Going under the knife in the AM has me freaked a bit that I can't be of any use on the truck for the next six weeks.

Putting my life in the hands of my fine two young men and out new guy along with the ten thousand other things I got going on right now....

I'm a fooken mess.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I wouldn't worry about it Mikey. . I have had a lot of surgeries, it's amazing what they can do!

I trained I guy when I was on crutches because of a car accident, it was frustrating, but he got it done..

Mike Draper

December was dead for me as it is every year, but January and February has been better than last year. Our temps have been warmer than normal, We have not seen any snow since the first part of January.

Its been better for me as well. Double our normal jan and feb. But still way slower than summer time.

Reactions: TimM

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Going under the knife in the AM has me freaked a bit that I can't be of any use on the truck for the next six weeks.
Putting my life in the hands of my fine two young men and out new guy along with the ten thousand other things I got going on right now....

There's never a good time to be down it seems. The guys will take care of things I'm sure! Rest easy and heal fast! Best wishes for tomorrow.

Reactions: Mikey P

Able 1

Name
Keith
Most likely the month of June will beat my whole first quarter..

Mike Draper

Should I post a pic of my surgery from last year? It was horrible, and now my foot is way worse than before. I was supposed to be up and running within 3-4 weeks, I started working a little after 2 months, but could barely work 2 hours a day. 1 year later I can only walk with a heavy limp and tons of pain. One question I wish I would have asked, " is there any chance I could be worse off after the surgery"? They wont volunteer this info unless you ask.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I always go to the best doctors (not to say you didn't Mike(either)), but I try to focus on doctors that work on professional athletes. . I do a lot of research into a doctor before any surgery, and won't use most that would accept government funded health care(too much pressure to get things done quick because they know they aren't getting paid what their worth). . Government backed insurance is like Groupon!

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
Barry have you still been consistent with your marketing? Didn't you have a special a month or so ago? How did it do?
That is the embarrassing question. Last year I did let down on the throttle...and I paid for it last year and it's probably the reason I'm going thru what I am now. I realize I coasted too long and being too cheap to spend $ when I should have. to keep the funnel filled. I had stopped sending out reminder cards. I restarted that in Oct last year. I struggled thru a couple of not-so-great phone callers to remind past customers. I just took that duty over myself in January to get that back on track. I finally got a good website/SEO guy hired (after 3 tries) and he got started in Sept, but that takes a while to take effect. I sat down today and joined 32 Facebook groups of local communities and posted ads in all those. I'm sure that will be a small help eventually. I also recently did a little FB advertising - it gave me a bunch of like on my page and hopefully that raised awareness which will hopefully help somewhat down the line. I've always done a email blast to customers once a month using Mailchimp. That usually gets a job or two.

So I'm back on the gas and looking for other advertising avenues.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
]

i have
layer well with quality duds and cover all skin...

coldest air temp (no wind chill added) I've personally seen/been in was -27
Was the coldest here (my little piece of Ohio)in my lifetime ...sometime in the late seventies/early '80s
Coldest temp I've worked outside (not CC'ing) was -23

coldest CCing was -12

15 below tonight
have to get the drive and deck in order tomorrow ...got a CCW class Sat morn

I hate bitter cold
I've learned to layer and deal with...but i hate it

..L.T.A.
This was at my house this morning. It actually warmed up a tiny bit. The first time I looked at it was -27.1

20150220_055527.jpg

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

I'm a fooken mess.

Well, I guess having a tooth extracted doesn't compare to surgery. Got a cracked tooth root that can't be root canaled, needs to come out. Maybe Monday.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom