What's the best cleaner to clean your cotton bonnets?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I typically use microfiber wash, but some of them just don't clean up well anymore, do you bleach these?

20231021_110706.jpg

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
It will, he's hung up on thinking residential customers will notice the staining/ dinginess

They won't, if he doesn't point it out

Keeping a virgin pad on the top of your stack is the logical thing to do, while you're still coming to your enlightenment...
If your customers are even paying attention, you have the wrong customers.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
It will, he's hung up on thinking residential customers will notice the staining/ dinginess

Keeping a virgin pad on the top of your stack is the logical thing to do, while you're still coming to your enlightenment...
When do you sacrifice the virgin?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton

At the risk of piquing your ire, Mike:

Some years back I was called out to look at a sofa that a cleaner "ruined"

It was a velvet (yeah, some years ago...like I said) that just needed brushed out. I explained that it wasn't ruined by any means, and this is what the lady told me:

"Well this guy, he showed up late. When he came in and got all set up, he sprayed some stuff on my sofa, and started rubbing it with a dirty towel. I asked if he had any clean ones, and he said these were cleaned, not dirty. They were just stained.

I let him finish, and when he was done, he started rubbing the clean sofa down with another dirty towel. I told him I'd give him on of my clean ones to use, but he told me not to worry, they were just stained, not dirty.

Well now it looks like hell, and I know it was because he used dirty towels"

I misted the worst cushion with my velvet softener, and brushed the wand marks out and it looked like new.

I asked if that was acceptable, and she said of course, but she didn't want the same guy back because he used dirty towels.

I think the appearance of bonnets is just as important. People make a lot of judgments that they never voice....or look for trouble once something like that creates doubt.

Mikey P

Administrator

It was a velvet (yeah, some years ago...like I said) that just needed brushed out. I explained that it wasn't ruined by any means, and this is what the lady told me:

"Well this guy, he showed up late. When he came in and got all set up, he sprayed some stuff on my sofa, and started rubbing it with a dirty towel. I asked if he had any clean ones, and he said these were cleaned, not dirty. They were just stained.

I let him finish, and when he was done, he started rubbing the clean sofa down with another dirty towel. I told him I'd give him on of my clean ones to use, but he told me not to worry, they were just stained, not dirty.

I misted the worst cushion with my velvet softener, and brushed the wand marks out and it looked like new.

I asked if that was acceptable, and she said of course, but she didn't want the same guy back because he used dirty towels.

I think the appearance of bonnets is just as important. People make a lot of judgments that they never voice....or look for trouble once something like that creates doubt.

I don't use floor pads on furniture...

Maybe if he uses his 14" wand or RX20 she would have been more impressed

• Haha
Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I don't use floor pads on furniture...

Maybe if he uses his 14" wand or RX20 she would have been more impressed

I was drawing a comparison to appearance, whether towels or bonnets, and the judgments that people make.

These are often unfair, but it is common.

Just food for thought, I'm just a cranky old man who finds fault in the smallest of things.

Sort of a Yankee Marty.....:biggrin:

Reactions: hogjowl

Mikey P

Administrator

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

That's why I use blue microfiber.

Name
Jeff T
I soak all my used microfibre and cotton bonnets in a solution of 1 cup borax mixed W/1/2 cup liquid laundry detergent in a 5 gallon pail of hot water overnight. The next morning, I throw them in the shop washing machine. When I get back to the shop at the end of the day, I lay flat to dry. ALL of my bonnets still look new…

SamIam

Name
sam miller

Sounds slim shady

Back
Top Bottom