whats the best commercial grade vacuum

Name
Jesse
We've got about 50 windsors. For cc we use the versamatic+ (the + is very important), it's a 2 motor and works very well. Our janitors primarily use sensor xp's that auto adjust the brush and can be used on hard floors. They are very reliable, some are used 30hrs per week, very rarely do they require anything, we get years out of them before the circut board fries out and those become parts vacs for our others. We also have some sensor s & sr models that don't auto adjust, they seem to have a few flimsey parts related to height adjustment that occasionally break but thats it. Most of our retired Windsors were victims of being slammed into curbs during transport.

Windsor also makes a Fleximatic which is the fastest upright out there, almost as fast as a backpack, total garbage though.

I have one Sebo I got off E-Bay, same vac but it has a 2 prong cord. Residential models I suppose.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
As near as I can tell the versamatics are just about identical to the Powr-Flite PF14 I use, 2-motor with the same circuit board and indicator lights, 'cept the PF14's are cheaper to buy. Mine has a 3-wire cord.

-JB-

Name
JB
Are they all 2 prong cords like the one I got? I've avoided them for that reason.

the Sebo's? Yes I believe so, why is that a concern for you? OSHA?

tim

The Proteam Upright is a great vacuum and on sale at jondon right now. Durable, on board tools, indicator light when bag is full, great suction, replaced 1 belt in 3 years! The Sanitaires have good vacuum but not as versatile and all mine eat belts pretty quick. The Orecks I have used are durable but too light weight to have the suction.

Name
Jesse
Yes, saftey. I'm not electrically savy but my understanding is that a 2 pin system shouldn't be plugged into a 3 pin extension cord.

Anyone know better?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
talked to a vacuum rep today. They have Dysons and Sebos; where I bought my Sebo Duo CRB. He was saying that he would never recommend the Dyson for commercial use, they would break too rapidly. He mentioned there is a new one with Ultimate airflow or something like that. Its one of the "animals" versions.
Someone mentioned they've been using theres for 5yrs?

CanYouHemiNow

Okay, I saw Cleartrak come up several times so I went looking for it. Made by Amway and discontinued? If the thing was so great why ain't they making it anymore? Or are they? :?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom