What's the Best Deep Cleaning Vacuum?

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
I'm on my third shark, I clean a lot of nasties and I'm not too gentle with my vacs and the shark rocks. However I just bought the hoover vac that has been all over the tv infomercials. That thing has the most suction of any vac that I've owned.

Name
Ezra Clark
I went ahead and bought the shark lift away commercial series (has a bigger canister and longer cord). I have a Kirby G4 for my home so I did a little test when I got home. The shark is a little monster, vaced my living room and had about a half full canister full of fine dust paticals. The thing looks like a toy robot but has crazy suction power. I lifted up the vac head while it was on and it picked up the carpet with it like a shop vac would. Don't waste your money on the $500+ vacs, get the Shark for $200 and it is a sealed system with a hepa filter. Customers will love the hepa and go nuts when they see all the nastiness you pull out of their carpet.

Ezra

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I challenge any of you guys that don't like bags, especially Ron and Mike, to pick up a Eureka Boss to try. It doesn't pull air through the bag like some vacs. It forces the air and debris into the bag. If you don't like it, I'll buy it.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I challenge any of you guys that don't like bags, especially Ron and Mike, to pick up a Eureka Boss to try. It doesn't pull air through the bag like some vacs. It forces the air and debris into the bag. If you don't like it, I'll buy it.

I'd take that challenge. I would either spend not enough time or too much time simply because I can't see when the soil is coming in. If you put a clear site tube on a bag vac, then you'd have something. Till then, I stay with my Cleartrak. Filled too many canisters just this week to want to change it.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
www.atrix.com Mighty mouth never gets plugged and devouers hair and large debri uses a bag that can be turned inside out so you can reuse many times. dual vacuum motor. Makes my kirby and all dysons look like toys.
Same problem with that vac Mardie, can't see the soil coming in. It may be the cats meow for a vacuum but you'd choke if you saw how much it was leaving behind, unless you vacuum reaaaaaaaaaallllllllllyyyyyy slloooooooowwwlllly alllll the time, but then you could be wasting your time. You just don't know. I watch my canister more than I watch the floor.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Same problem with that vac Mardie, can't see the soil coming in. It may be the cats meow for a vacuum but you'd choke if you saw how much it was leaving behind, unless you vacuum reaaaaaaaaaallllllllllyyyyyy slloooooooowwwlllly alllll the time, but then you could be wasting your time. You just don't know. I watch my canister more than I watch the floor.
I do vacuum slow no matter what and it only takes me 2 seconds to pop the hood to feel the bag,this tells me how much time i should spend on vacuuming. The main reason i always check my bag is that it tells me a lot about the carpet be fore i pull out the prespray .I always start with an empty bag.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
You've missed half a bagfull by the time you've checked it. I vacuumed LR/DR/hall/bedroom, and 75% of Master, put only an inch of soil in the canister. Found a section by the window in the Master bout 4x4ft, put 3inches of soil in the canister from just that area. They had done some wall work, it was gyprock dust.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Ron- until some of these guys experience what you talk about all the time, they wont get it.

I picked up a brand new shark I keep hearing about and the first time I used it in my house I realized its a piece of junk...

I couldn't see if any dust was coming in...like I see with the cheapass momentum.

Just like your cleartrack the momentum gives the clear view of where stuff swirls in. If I can't see that I have no idea how much I need to slow down...

The momentum does release a little dust when you pull out the can but it is an incredible vacuum.

Anytime I hear about bag vacuums being so great I just cringe....and vacuum up a canister full from where they finished already.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Ron- until some of these guys experience what you talk about all the time, they wont get it.

I picked up a brand new shark I keep hearing about and the first time I used it in my house I realized its a piece of junk...

I couldn't see if any dust was coming in...like I see with the cheapass momentum.

Just like your cleartrack the momentum gives the clear view of where stuff swirls in. If I can't see that I have no idea how much I need to slow down...

The momentum does release a little dust when you pull out the can but it is an incredible vacuum.

Anytime I hear about bag vacuums being so great I just cringe....and vacuum up a canister full from where they finished already.
What Shark model did you get? I was going to pick up a Pro model today.They all look like junk.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Whatever is in Costco right now... And of course I paid almost 200 for it and last night I saw it for 119....

But its not the price that make me dislike this thing...its the small head and the lack of clear view where dust enters.

I'm like ron...I watch the dust cup a lot as I vacuum...

steve_64

ive always felt that you can hear debris entering the vac or just lift it while its running and you will feel if anything is still flying around inside telling me there is still more being picked up. but i dont vac very often anymore. i watch where im wanding and often take extra dry strokes when i see debris popping up from the carpet. this helps dry times also. i do scrub with the wand a lot and i know there have been jobs i wished i had prevacced once i started cleaning but after i presprayed. you dont always see the debris until the wand pulls it up. many homeowners dont take care of thier vacs and end up burying it deeper into the pile.

im not saying prevac isnt a good idea, in fact i had an elderly lady get upset that i didnt prevac "once". but i keep thinking about it and may start doing that one day. but i like my bag vacuums at home. its just more convienant. and the bags now filter pretty well so its not like they blow dust around like the old days. i just hate cleaning filters everytime i use a canister. they always seem to plug up so fast. that and the dust flying when you dump the canister or clean the filter. bags are just so much easier to use.

i like the idea of a clear site tube also. maybe a clear head so you can see the brushes and belt and everything. hmmm might be a market for that. make it replacable so when it gets scratched up for a couple bucks put a new one on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom