What's the best snail airmover *compare thread*

Name
Nate W.
There's a butt load of airmovers in the market place. What airmovers are the best in regards to airflow/amps/price?

I like what I read about Pheonix AMers Therma-stor but I don't like the stacking feature of them.

Viking AMers look very similar to the Omni pro as well as the Mytee units. I'm not able to go to a local dealer to play with them. I'm asking people who sell them and/or people who used different brands to chime in.

topnotchman

I'm a bit biased but I like the Dri-Eaz Sahara X3. Low amp (4.0 on high) for the cfm's it puts out. Durable, has the GFCI on the size. 3 speeds. Not the cheapest, but I think its well worth the money for reliability and durability. I still have some old Sahara's that work great, and have paid for themselves over and over again.

Nate The Great said:
There's a butt load of airmovers in the market place. What airmovers are the best in regards to airflow/amps/price?

I like what I read about Pheonix AMers Therma-stor but I don't like the stacking feature of them.

Viking AMers look very similar to the Omni pro as well as the Mytee units. I'm not able to go to a local dealer to play with them. I'm asking people who sell them and/or people who used different brands to chime in.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Nate The Great said:

Based on history Dri-Eaz airmovers have proven to be second to none. Sure you can find cheaper but thats what you get is cheaper. I have customers that have Dri-Eaz airmovers that are 15+ years old and still running. You can buy cheaper but in the long run they will cost you more in replacements. Now for a carpet cleaner who doesn't run it 24/7 a Mytee/viking/Chinese omni-dry could be all you need but then again if your a carpet cleaner you should have airpaths not snail airmovers.

Now comes the sales pitch shiteatinggrin The Prochem airmover, if it holds up over time, just might take over as being the number one. I love everything about it size,weight,versatility but the true test will be if it wins over you guys that use them every day.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
There are a lot of good ones out there and the prices do vary, but all will do the job and allow you to collect rental fee.

If you use them alot drying equipment can be the best investment you make.

Saying that, I like the Sahara X-3's for my money, built to last over years of abuse, daisy chain and low amp draw. Gota love them! 8)

Name
Nate W.
They will be used everyday. I still got the old big blue Edic AMers from 1992. They more then paid for themselves over time. We do our best to not abuse our equipment. We had about 100+ back then. Slowly over time some broke, some have been left behind, and some grew legs. I have about 20 left. Some also developed a squeak from the rubber bushing getting old and worn. My pops pulled out of the restoration work to spend more time with us kids.

I'm looking to get back into it. We have a few connections to get our share of the WD work. I'm doing the leg work to get all the information to make an informed decision. I appreciate all the feedback.

And I do have 4 black airpaths, the ones with the sh!tty handle that has only 2 screws holding it on.

topnotchman

I think the Prochem airmover could have a place in the tool box. I'm just talking size. You can carry more of them in your van, but may not have as much output as the bigger airmovers. So you save on space, but it may lack the power of the bigger ones. I think it'll come down to preferance of the space saving vs the power.

Its like a truckmount.. some like a CDS because of the space saving design, but may not be as powerful as some other slide ins, but its a preference, you give and take with some designs.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Fred they just pull too many amps.

We use to have a dozen 1-HP Sahara HP's and if they accidentally ended up on the job, we were sure to pop breakers. We finally put them up on a high shelf and then later sold them because we didn't use them enough.

With lower amp draw you can use more airmovers, a needed benefit when you have many multiple areas affected in the home or business.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
Doc Holliday said:
Fred they just pull too many amps.

We use to have a dozen 1-HP Sahara HP's and if they accidentally ended up on the job, we were sure to pop breakers. We finally put them up on a high shelf and then later sold them because we didn't use them enough.

With lower amp draw you can use more airmovers, a needed benefit when you have many multiple areas affected in the home or business.

The Sahara 1-HP's pull 11 AMPs on high speed, so you can only put one on a 15 AMP circuit. However I can float approximately 300 ft2 of carpet with one Sahara HP and dry the carpet and pad (especially over concrete) faster and with less hassle than the four 2.5 AMP 1/4 HP air movers you can fit on the same circuit. Plug a Sahara 1 HP air mover into an E TES and dry carpet and pad in < 24 hours and get a good head start on the walls. I guess the circumstance dictates which air mover is best.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Kevin where were you when I was trying to unload....I mean find a deserving home for my HP's?

They are an excellent air mover if you have a need for them, such as something where you need high static resistance, I can see you have good ideas for their use however I'm comfortable only having a couple of them left. :wink:

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I have floated a 650 sq ft room of sculptured carpet with one sahara pro. that was back in the mid 90's. high draw units just don't have a place anymore, they just don't work!!!!! the reason why is, in todays world there is just too much liability to leave anything wet. infact with all the vendor shanigans that go on, you better plan on the possibility of another company possibly one hostile to yours looking over the job, after your equipment is gone. with that said you need to dry wall cavities, base plates, insulation etc. that puppy better damn well be dry, its not a matter of 10 years ago of drying the carpets and calling it good. in order to do this you need in most cases to force air into the wall cavities, which means an air mover every 12 linear feet of wall space. I still do it with alot of 4.5amp standard snail fans, but it sucks. I run a bunch of extension cords. using air movers that use twice the power or more than 5 amps is just a no go for me.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
Doc Holliday said:
Kevin where were you when I was trying to unload....I mean find a deserving home for my HP's?

They are an excellent air mover if you have a need for them, such as something where you need high static resistance, I can see you have good ideas for their use however I'm comfortable only having a couple of them left. :wink:

I have 7 of them Richard. I bought them before the low AMP, daisy chain air movers came out. Who thought you would need more than one air mover per room? Anyway, I think I paid about $400 each so I WILL find a use for them. I don't need anymore, but thanks for thinking of me!

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
since you are asking for best snail airmovers i will have to say drieaz prox3 by far leaves the competition behind. they will last longer are easy to dissasemble and clean, and when they scratched up just amorall them and they look great. but if you are going into restoration i would definetly get an army of axials as they have greater profit potential for you and your biz. the stack better in the truck, so you can have more on the truck. pull half or less that half the amps of snail air movers. they move more air than the snails. allmost all come daisy chain ready(at least the good ones). very easy and very fast to clean. in my opinion the force 9 by dry air technology and the phoenix axial with focus tech are the best axials on the market.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Has anyone bought these?

ecocamsheet%282%29.png

Name
Nate W.
I'm used to the 5 amp Edic AM's. They would float carpet nice. They're on the big side and rather old. I have one Ridgid AM I got when I bought some used equipment. That things a POS. I don't know how many amps although it says 2500cfm. I hope the Viking AM's move more air then that POS.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Nate if you are going to lay down good money and want a very good air mover, I think the force 9 by dry air technology has to be the best overall air mover and they stack up right on the floor of the truck. On low they run at something like 1.7 amps and still move allot of air, they daisy chain together, they have their own breakers, are allot easier to carry than any snail and you can negotiate a good deal if you buy ten or more. Why buy a drieaz pro x for $330.00 when you can get the force 9 for $339.00?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom