whats the best way to optimize my website?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I get pretty decent rankings on google and yahoo . I really wana focus a bit more on my inernet marketing. Are adwords worth a crap or what should I do to really get it going?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Adwords can be helpful

Some say it will help your ratings elsewhere by using adwords....nobody but Google knows.

If anything, it will get hits to your site that Google will see and that may help your site somewhat.

Don't plan on making big money unless you spend big money.

With that said, if you have a horrible site then you may not convert any of those expensive clicks to customers.

Cue Yoakum to talk about places.

If your site is healthy and pretty that helps.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Your site needs to be calmed down a bit. Too much going on. The 2 slideshows are not working well together and they are too fast.

I would leave the photo slideshow and take out the header slideshow. The site makes me want to leave it.

Make your logo clickable back to the home screen on all pages.

Are you promoting water damage or carpet cleaning?

Carpet Cleaning will get you more customers online IMO.

There's more... a lot more you can do....but I realize you asked about SEO.

You need more content on the front page about what you do.

You need more internal links (text linking to other pages in your site)...I didn't check your back links but you can always use more of those.

You need some reviews on your Google Places page.

You need to put a video/s on the places page.

So much more of course but I would restructure your website and fix any problems with it before you try to drive too much traffic to it.

Hope this helps.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Google cannot read all that flash content.

I would get rid of the flash and do a straight forward site with plenty of text about your company for Google to read.

The site looks a little unorganized....turns the brain off to the site when you look at it.

Your title's of each page need to be the keywords you want to show up for in the searches.

Carpet Cleaning Jefferson MO

etc.
Right now it's
Juniors Pro Clean

Nobody is going to search for Juniors Pro Clean unless they already know who you are. Just the content will bring them to your site at that point.

See the tab where is says Juniors Pro Clean? It should read whatever your keywords are

Juniorsscreenshot.jpg

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Often your map listing and organic listing will be merged and only show up in your Google Places listing. So, all the prospect will ever see is your Places listing.

Most of the time the only way a prospect will be able to get to your web site is through your listing/link in Google Places

This is why Places is the new king!!!

Highlight your listing by getting more reviews,(Sometimes a review can show up right in your listing-- Bonus!)

If you have over 5 reviews Google rewards your listing with those ever important yellow stars.

And get more citations or Google ranked links. They are easy to discover by looking at other listings.

You don't have a lot of competition web wise ( 40 K population, 100 sex offenders which could be carpet cleaners) So, get stuff in place now before your competition figures it out.

This is a big part of why I don't really give a crap about websites that much. I have found that with a very visible Places listing very few prospects will find the need to go to your site before reserving an appointment.

Websites just are not that needed that as they once were.

Put your focus where it will do the most good and don't get distracting building unseen web pages.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
But places will only be for that one city....for the most part. Not always.

A good website can get above or within the locals in other cities.

So you should still have an awesome website if you have one at all.

You can conquer the cities around your address by building on pages for every city your cover or optimizing your home page for every city you cover.

I will concede that when I look for something like a restaurant that I know or a store that I know....I will not go to their website.

But if it's research that I'm doing on a new restaurant or store then I go to their website.

With carpet cleaning....most people will just call to do their investigating so Dave makes a very good point.

Keep in mind that by having a really good website SEO wise and PRetty wise....it will help that Google Places listing get to the top as well.

And I keep saying...Google will be changing how they list websites in the listings. This is just my opinion on WHAT they will be doing so don't take it to heart.

Yes, they will change no matter what....that's a given...but I think the change will change how the sites are rated in the searches.

But that's another story.

The best thing you can do is make your site good for customers.....and then it will be good for the Googles.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
My opinion.... Have someone do it for you. There is tons of behind the scenes stuff that a web marketer will do. This will pay for itself many times over when your ranking improves and the phone rings more. How much do you pay now for a customer? Lets say it is $25 per customer. If you have to pay $100 in seo work per month then you would be hitting your target of $25 per new customer at an additional 4. I do much better than that per month in my small market. pm me if you want to know who my seo guy is.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Your rankings are good for Jeff City. I don't see any ranking for columbia. you could set up a second site to pull more results from Columbia. columibiamocarpetcleaning.com ? Results for columbia would be better if could get an address there for google places. More reviews as other have said.

Here are some tips for your meta tags:

Your tile could be longer up to 65 characters. Like this: Carpet Cleaning – Columbia, Jefferson City – Juniors Pro-Clean
Your description should be longer up to 200 characters: Say carpet cleaning 2 times and the cities in description.
No stop words like if and or but in title or description. No non alpha characters except , or – in title or description.
More keywords or phases up to 15. You have 5. Keywords should be found often on the page (3% or so)

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
And this is why I got a new site and fired and not paid the guy junior uses. To many mistakes in the site building but I like the site in general. I like the layout and colors but the coding on mine was incorrect to
Sent from my Comet using Tapatalk

Becker

Name
Becker
Do research, books, websites, youtube, forums etc.

Or hire someone.

In most cases for most folks hiring someone will work best.
As, a lot of books like the one I just bought 2 weeks ago is already out of date in many ways for how Google really works now.

Lots of misinformations, or old information out there.

Some misunderstand the meaning of optimize, optimization, or SEO.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
joeynbgky said:
And this is why I got a new site and fired and not paid the guy junior uses. To many mistakes in the site building but I like the site in general. I like the layout and colors but the coding on mine was incorrect to
Sent from my Comet using Tapatalk

I thought that site looked familiar....thanks for that.

That guy does crap work.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Who put this thing together? – ME
Who do I trust? ME
-Scarface

That’s why I do it myself.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
ACE said:
Who put this thing together? – ME
Who do I trust? ME
-Scarface

That’s why I do it myself.

Amen to that.

I don't mind paying for SOME outside SEO work but I would rather learn that and do it myself.

With engines and all that, you know if it works, it works. So I will pay to have it done.

This stuff is too virtual and I don't know too many people who have actually met their SEO guy face to face.

Becker

Name
Becker
They call me almost daily. A spot opened up on 1st page of google.

Kinda reminds me of all the sales calls I use to get about 10 years ago from companies selling auto dialers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom