whats the biggest p.o.s. machine or equip you had?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I was looking through my garage and remembering all the gadgets and equipment I bought over the years. I recall how much money I wasted on junk equipment. I think the biggest piece of crap I ever owned has got to be a powr flite perfect heat 200psi porty. I remember it had a dump hose that came off the front that would suck air and make foam, not to mention that stupid dump hose came loose a couple times and dumped all over the floor.The perfect heat system was also a joke as it employed coils that wrapped around the vacs and made any repairs a pain in the ass! It was also huge it had to lay down in the van and wouldnt stand upright. ......what machines do you guys wish you never bought?

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
I've wasted money on so much crap before, but the worst thing I ever bought was a Rotobrush airduct "cleaner", what an overpriced piece of chit. Wasted $$ on an RX-20 as well (sorry RX lovers, my 175/brush is better) but was able to trade it in for a DriEaz LGR shiteatinggrin

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
White Magic HO....POS

Although the Velda was an even bigger POS ....it was a few thousand dollars less....So the WM POS wins.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
14" Prochem Titanium wand . . .

Titanium Head pop-riveted to stainless tube.

Came loose in a month.

Which engineer was responsible for that abomination for $1200 ?

Larry

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i wont name the porty manu, for fear of a PM or email threatening legal action somewhat amus , but it is about the heaviest, most under-powered "Electric truckmount" you can buy. my Recoil was at least lighter and a little more powerful.

only good thing was that it got me into the industry :shock:

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
My original rotovac start your own business package. The equipment did the job, but I wish I would have put that money towards a truckmount. I only used the package for 4 months.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've spent hundreds on sliders that work as good as sandpaper, they're taking up room in my shed.
had a love hate relationship with my Big Red. Depending on the day it was a POS or it was fantastic.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
HM 470 Maxx, HM cds, and Genesis. Although the Maxx 450 has been a great machine with 4000 hours and running strong. Best so far is a Judson.
Al

Name
Jesse
Windsor Rombus. The most overpriced pos gears ever... on anything.

Replacement Filter for a Windsor radius sweeper. $550 for a 2.5x1ft filter from "Germany". I made the mistake of just ordering it without a price. Fool me once.... .. . fool cant get fooled again.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
[had a love hate relationship with my Big Red/quote]
Ron..i ran a Big Red for over twenty years......it was a great machine HOWEVER....
when i bought my FIRST Steam Genie......i realized that i had been on a stagecoach...
all them years!

Name
Eric Valentine
The Century 400 Avenger 210 that is in my van right now. You have to pull the blower to change the pump belt. Whomever designed that machine with a 1/4" gap between the engine and blower shafts should be shot. The machine takes up the whole side door of the van, and it only has an 18HP Vanguard, Hypro pump, and a 36 blower.

John at SCS sold it to me, and the install was second to none. They did an awesome job on converting it from an HX unit to a Little Giant heater. All my gripes are about the design of the unit, or lack thereof.

F

FB7777

Derek said:
i wont name the porty manu, for fear of a PM or email threatening legal action somewhat amus , but it is about the heaviest, most under-powered "Electric truckmount" you can buy. my Recoil was at least lighter and a little more powerful.

yea I ran a Bane Clene too :lol: and I ain't afraid of no legal action

If the judge had to run that $16,000 overpriced POS that has less power than a 100psi ! vac motor porty , he would throw the case out and award the defense triple damages for wasting the courts time :mrgreen:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
pfred said:
Derek said:

yea I ran a Bane Clene too :lol: and I ain't afraid of no legal action

If the judge had to run that $16,000 overpriced POS that has less power than a 100psi ! vac motor porty , he would throw the case out and award the defense triple damages for wasting the courts time :mrgreen:
YAA BUTT...you get ta use that neat little hose border in yor ads.........

F

FB7777

and get a cease and desist letter if you use it after you buy a different kind of truckmount :shock:

even though you still own a Bane Megaport, Dry cleaning machine, 1 Bane Shitmount, and purchase chemical from them

Someday I would like to talk to Yeadon about what caused him to exit from that organization.

I'm just glad they were too myopic to build a gas powered unit and actually still be relevent in the industry.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
remember when bill bane used to write articles about how dangerous HX gasoline powered truckmounts were. he used to claim they were a bomb ready to go off in a neighborhood. what a freaking joke. I wish someone would find one of his old articles from 15 years ago so we could all laugh our asses off. what a dipshit, bill bane.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
The biggest? An IVECO delivery truck. Would not back up a steep hill, crummy body parts broke frequently, frequent expensive brake jobs. The second biggest were the three 1989 Ford vans that blew pistons out at about 25,000 miles.

The pallet of Powerflite air movers we got a great deal on doesn't even come close. Drop one from more than three inches and you'd never be able to get it to run smoothly again, but in that case we got what we paid for. Never buy cheap tools.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom