What's the most important and commonly overlooked step in cleaning microfiber/ ultrasuede?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
To Physio-analyze the customer.
Informing the customer about the nap and how the "color appearance" will change based on which side you view the fabric.
If they still don't understand this-- then walk away.

or make sure the fabric hasn't started to delaminate.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
finally.

the remaining filth that comes off with "just" toweling is usually impressive, especially on the head rest and arm corners, but more importantly its how a towel fluffs up the nap and gets rid of the dreaded tool marking.

We cleaned a couple of grossly soiled pieces in a private class I taught recently. There was a moderate amount of soil on the towels we used when we agitated the preconditioner with an orbital buffer. After cleaning there was much more soil on the towels when we buffed it with dry towels afterward.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
The final toweling gives the microfiber very close to the original appearance it had when it was purchased, as a opposed to the "slick, greasy look" that most have after a standard "clean and post vac" process.

....and its not a time consuming post cleaning grooming like you'd have with a natural fiber velvet.

Name
Jeff T
I won't leave the drive without a large bag of clean white folded towels, especially for upholstery.
I buy all my towels @ Costco. They have very good quality, for reasonable prices...
I will buy large bath towels 6 @ a time, and the 14 X 24” hand towels a dozen at a time....

Name
Jeff T
Watch Myles go through all the pain of cleaning this nasty example and while he gets is very clean, the final "look" would have been some much better had he spent 5 minutes with a couple of fresh towels...

The final ‘look’ looks like shit. That would be a call back for sure.

Reactions: scotty747
Name
Steve Shotwell
finally.

the remaining filth that comes off with "just" toweling is usually impressive, especially on the head rest and arm corners, but more importantly its how a towel fluffs up the nap and gets rid of the dreaded tool marking.

Toweling?? ....sounds like what us rug thumpers call Padding....Trinity Stepson and Glad Pads do real well on Microfiber... extraction first if need ...and yes, definitely groom... just use a soft brush or horse hair brush.. no worries

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom