What's the one cleaning thing you do better than anyone else

Bob Foster

Forget about marketing or customer service and all that other stuff for a moment.

You probably have a pet peeve that you are really anal about doing that you think other cleaners just don't get.

Ron needs to vacuum for two hours and proved his point to us on more than one occasion. Some people insist on post grooming.

Tell me about the one cleaning process you do way better than anyone else you know and why.

And conversely, what step do you think most cleaners neglect the most.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Specialty deodorizing. Smoke, urine, and dead body. A real cash cow.
Al

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
pet hair removal

not saying I am the best at it but after vacuuming, pile lifting, cleaning you will still get some on the grooming brush

I think I am pretty good at removing the pet hair from furniture

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
You probably have a pet peeve that you are really anal about doing that you think other cleaners just don't get.

My Truck................

IMG_3750-1.jpg

harryhides

Name
Tony
I can only compare myself to local cleaners but have made a name for myself with stain removal and Inspections.
I enjoy the challenge - over time and with many failures now have a pretty good track record but am always learning new tips and angles.

It usually just takes patience and a bit of analyzing.
For example, over on ICS 2 guys are convinced that Stain Zone just does not work meanwhile thousands know it works.

What are these two blokes missing ?

Hint, one of them was from Florida.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
We remove the door stop to get that little edge underneath it.

Jim, do you always set up like that? Is that 2.5 or 2

Gene

Name
Lee Stockwell
Stain removal foremost. Plus many of the things noted above, the attention to detail. I hate to see dingleberries left around the edges after some "clean".

Name
George Valliant
Pre-treating baby!!!

If you know how to lay down the pre-treat "just right" the crud will melt off the carpet.

I love when a custy walks into the room after i pre-treat and says "Wow! The carpet looks 100% better" before i even begin the cleaning process.

minuteman

Giving the Costumer What "They Ask For" & a "Bit More" !

"We Listen To Our Costumers"!

Greg

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I can "bowl" a roll of paper 200 feet and tear it off from my end perfect...ever time!

Name
Kevin McCreary
On tile and grout jobs I can moonwalk better than MJ.

Seriously I can clean a filthy piece of furniture like no other.

Especially the hard to get piping around the arms.

Walt

Stairs - faces, treads, edges. I'll do it and then redo it if I have to, just to get it right.

tim

Spot Removal and Drying the carpets. My first IICRC instructor told us that new customers usually have 1 reason they called, a spot, spill, stain, traffic lane. He told us to find that reason, and fix it and you will be a hero. Do a great job but dont fix that reason and you will be considered average. Thanks to Fels, Cyclone, Red Vanish, Stain Zone/40 vol., and citrus solvent, I am usually their hero. Dry to the touch is a close second

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i call them "dear" an' win 'em over wit prases lik:

Ya..i was around when dirt was young.....
Ya.. I was around when the Dead Sea was jus sick......
and my personal favorite

if i fall over jus stick one of these little pills in my mouf.........

TimP

Carpet Cleaning Fool said:
Pre-treating baby!!!

If you know how to lay down the pre-treat "just right" the crud will melt off the carpet.

I love when a custy walks into the room after i pre-treat and says "Wow! The carpet looks 100% better" before i even begin the cleaning process.

I do this one too. Although I don't know if it's my answer to the question. I try to just focus on getting the job done right, making the customer happy and making it clear their satisfaction is my top priority.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I was always proud that I could take exactly the right amount of hose off the truck to reach the back room....but other than that...

My wand technique was such that it wowed the custys.
Right angles to the wall just doesn't look pretty...you have to curve from a corner wall and blend when you turn corners. The carpet pattern would really flow when I was done...

And yes, it looked better than grooming and you could see that the carpet was just cleaned...instead of just being clean....which I think was key to the custys perception.

When entering a room the carpet pattern would always be pleasing to the eye from the door way.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Like most..........If I can't dazzle them with brilliance..I can baffle them with bullshit.......

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Brian Robison said:
I was always proud that I could take exactly the right amount of hose off the truck to reach the back room....but other than that...

My wand technique was such that it wowed the custys.
Right angles to the wall just doesn't look pretty...you have to curve from a corner wall and blend when you turn corners. The carpet pattern would really flow when I was done...

And yes, it looked better than grooming and you could see that the carpet was just cleaned...instead of just being clean....which I think was key to the custys perception.

When entering a room the carpet pattern would always be pleasing to the eye from the door way.

you HAD me...... till the grooming part!!!!

Name
I'm Rick James
I use scented oil in my vacuum cleaner. So when I vacuum it smells of whatever scents i use. The women really like that. 90% of the jobs I do, I always get a commet on how nice it smells. Sometimes its the little things that make a big impact.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
look here....i don know HOW plain i can say this:
If i GROOMED the little triangles out.....
my little ol' black ladies would beat me up......
my new kid DIDN'T PUT paper down on the las job Sat.......

she was SO irrate...that I had ta get in my car and DRIVE some paper down to her.....

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Brent said:
I use scented oil in my vacuum cleaner. So when I vacuum it smells of whatever scents i use. The women really like that. 90% of the jobs I do, I always get a commet on how nice it smells. Sometimes its the little things that make a big impact.

deodorant under the arms has the SAME effect!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom