What's the strangest thing you have ever been asked to clean

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
It wasnt carpet cleaning but last year we were asked to power wash the shit pits under 4 hog buildings. It was gross and we did do it. The company that owned the buildings paid well and supplied us with tyvek and boots.

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
I have a customer who always asks to have her cat furniture cleaned. She has about five of various size. I Use an upholstery tool. They are a P I T A to clean.

t7lg.jpg

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
asked to steam clean chicken cages on a farm or something to sanitize them..

they didn't wanna pay more like than $20...

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
A few months ago we were asked if we would remove trash and debris from a basement and haul it away. I said I would check it out. Went to the house, you couldnt even step off the basement steps. The previous owner had piled furniture, old appliances and trash to the ceiling right up to the base of the steps. It was completely full. It got to the point where they were just opening the door and rolling shit down the steps. So I gave them a price, never heard back. lol

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Cat towers

Paint ball place. (had chem dry then ...couldn't do it).

25ft walls in a church...used a man lift.

Pure jute rug...probably ruined it.

Not really that weird...but was weird at the time.

F

FB7777

I cleaned a 25 year old Snoopy stuffed animal for a guy that was using it for a surprise 25th anniversary party he was having.

cleaned it with Bane's Preface with Boost -all and then misted with 20 volume peroxide twice

guy was thrilled- he paid me $150 which was 5 times what he paid for it back in the 70s :shock:

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
A 10 foot diameter by 25 foot felt drum in a leather mill. It was used to press the back side of leather when imprinting designs on the face. It was filled with thousands of gallons of oil and heated to 170. Everything I sprayed on it dried instantly.

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
I do work in a nudist resort a couple times a month. Im the only one with cloths on. :D

Name
George Valliant
Life sized Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls are the strangest things I've cleaned. My favorite job was off the alley way on Fishermans Warf Peir 39.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
gvalliant said:
Life sized Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls are the strangest things I've cleaned. My favorite job was off the alley way on Fishermans Warf Peir 39.

San Fancisco? I've cleaned there before...some kinda of trinket shop.

Walt

I had a guy call and ask me if I cleaned turbans (you know the hat things), I thought it was one of my buddies hassling me so I went along saying how much experience I had cleaning them and how you just had to do it so. After a little while of this, it occurred to me that the guy was serious. Opps...

So.... no, I didn't clean them..

Several cat things, purses, stuffed animals nothing wierd.

Last spring I cleaned a mounted bear that was standing up and 2 moose shoulder mounts.

Cleaned with dry microfiber cloths and followed with microfiber and water. They were covered with drywall dust from remodeling.

last spring I cleaned

Walt

Opps I forgot...

Zebra hide rug, I shampooed it with bac-out and a ton of towels.

Name
R.J. Povio
how about dog beds.....gotta love them

had a guy this summer call and ask if we clean chairs....we said yes...he said well when you get here could you not comment on the shape of the chair.....we said sure....why what does the chair look like....he said it was in a shape of a vagina!! he ended up cleaning it himself? lol

Terminex asked us to clean their carpets at their office....Terminex is an exterminating company owed by the same people as ServiceMaster!!!!

someone wanted me to clean brand new carpet....because they did not like the smell of new carpet

blood after a deer ran through mirrored exterior glass on a church and again at an office for the same reason

asked to clean a house and the people say that we did an excellant job last year cleaning the carpets...meanwhile WE have never been there before.....then having them tell you that you did a better job than the last guy

love getting calls to come and clean a spot after they just spilled bleach....and the carpet already changed color.

Jose Smith

I clean a white cat tower every year. What a pain! I thought cats are supposed to be clean animals.

Other things that come to mind.....

A 6 foot doll from a kids museum.

A cork chair (yes, a 100% cork chair).

A kangaroo skin rug.

I have some pictures of a few other things that I will post another time.

Jose Smith

Back
Top Bottom