Whats the word about the Nissan Cargo vans?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Having a hard time deciding between a Ford Econoline-350.
The 1 ton- Chevy Express and the new Nissan NV 3500 cargo vans.

Any particular advantages or disadvantages to each?

Anybody here know how are the Nissan NV 3500 cargo vans?

Nn0pzmcLP0zytXWLKSo5MlvXz6uz2PE8yHTnoJKqnPr.png

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Nissan vans are a waste. Huge gas guzzling engines with a long front end a short cargo area.

I think it has the same engine as the titans. We have titans in the family and yes its really powerful and fast..but a giant waste of money when i comes to mpgs.

For you to downgrade from a Sprinter .....it will hurt at the gas station bad.

F

FB7777

I'm waiting for the new Ford Transit full cargo van ,

Being a PTO / CDS guy , still wondering if they will be offered in the new Ford

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I'm also interested in the euro transit vans. They supposed to have the diesels here too. Should be a pretty nice van.

They delayed them until 2015model year..so I guess the earliest we could buy them, will be middle of next year.

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
We have the Nissan nv hightop 2500. We love it. Great power and the same mpg as my fords

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Nissan vans are a waste. Huge gas guzzling engines with a long front end a short cargo area.

I think it has the same engine as the titans. We have titans in the family and yes its really powerful and fast..but a giant waste of money when i comes to mpgs.

For you to downgrade from a Sprinter .....it will hurt at the gas station bad.
In their specs the cargo area is the same as the Ford or Chevy. Engines, I assume will consume about the same amount of gas, as I will get the 5.4 engine (Ford and the equivalent for Chevy. Due to the hills in S.F.) The sprinter definitely has much better mileage and a smoother ride. Though with the mileage that I make per year in the city, that's not going to make that much of a difference.

I don't know how the Nissan body and chassis is holding up to everyday use.

Last edited:

Buck1955

Name
John
I've heard the Nissan engines have problems after a few years. I wanted one but not after hearing that. A friend just got rid of his Titan due to the engine needing repairs. Wish Toyota would come out with a work van.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree I'd like a Toyota like Shorty's.

I don't have any first hand knowledge of the Nissan but our lease agent steered me away last time I asked him about the NV's.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Do you know anything about them?

It has a V-6 diesel engine. Will that be the equivalent to the Ford 5.4 gas engine?

Might be a solution for me moving my Apex diesel into.

Name
Bruce
The local commercial Dodge sales guy just told me they are a Fiat except for the engine , the engine is a Chrysler and they are front wheel drive. I'm going tomorrow to look at them and take one for a drive.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
The local commercial Dodge sales guy just told me they are a Fiat except for the engine , the engine is a Chrysler and they are front wheel drive. I'm going tomorrow to look at them and take one for a drive.

Based on the article I linked, it really isn't even close to an actual Ducato. It is just based on that and looks like one because the outside is the same body elements.

I learned that a long time ago to never listen to a car salesman. They usually know less about the cars they sell than a well informed car enthusiasts.

Always do your own research when dealing with car Info. I contribute to a european car magazine and get to deal with first hand info from manufacturers and I see so many times the misrepresentation by DA salesmen.

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey
Name
Bruce
They do look pretty cool.

I always heard FIAT was an acronym for Fix It Again Tony or was that just some anti import crap? :eekk:
Unfortunately that's how I view all foreign junk , it is very hard to get out of the mind set of us against them. Born and raised in a GM house , still to this day if I purchased a foreign car my dad would probably have a heart attack.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I like the looks and handling of my GMC's BUT they have issues with arm rests and door latch releases. It seems like trivial stuff but when nearly everyone has the same problem, its obvious it poor choice of materials or design.
:errf:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
There are a lot of Fiats in Israel and the Fix It Again Toni joke was well earned.
They do not have the best reputation for quality.

Bruce, I thought that Audi, Volvo, Toyota, Honda etc., would have cured you from that perception.

Only in the last 10 -15 years or so, have American car manufacturers started to make an effort to produce well made cars. As they did so well many years ago. It takes a very long time to fix the bad name and public perception they have acquired through so much mismanagement.

Name
Bruce
Dang this thread fell to the bottom of page two fast.

The truck/van looks ok, the inside cargo area is very large , loads of room.

Roof Height - I was still able to stand up inside with out having to bend was over, and that was not the tall van

Plenty of room in the drivers and passenger seats , and they were just as comfy as any other new vehicle seat.

The vehicles drove real nice and smooth as a new vehicle should , would really like to see how the front wheel drive handles under weight.

Reactions: ruff

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I went to the car show here in orange county and I thought the Nissan was pretty cool. I'm only 5/9 but I can get up and stand in the back of it and looked like it had good room to me.

Didn't check the MPG's but looked like a good van for us overall

Last edited by a moderator:

John G

NIssan is in negotiations to put a Cummins diesel in there vans, that would be fantastic..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom