Whats the word about the Nissan Cargo vans?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Larry you have this preoccupation with PTO's, you need to let it go man. It's not good for you!

Lets say there isn't another one ever built, do expect those old PTO owners to come knocking at your door for a slide in? "Not very likely !"

:icon_rolleyes:

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
And definitely not one with the lawn mower engine.
Otherwise known as puk-puks, due to the reassuring noise they make.

Last edited:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Larry you have this preoccupation with PTO's, you need to let it go man. It's not good for you!

Lets say there isn't another one ever built, do expect those old PTO owners to come knocking at your door for a slide in? "Not very likely !"
:icon_rolleyes:

I am just pointing out that the Federal mandates on fuel economy,
will dictate front-wheel drives with small engines.

While a PTO can still be done, the expense will make it prohibitive.

We have built several successful Diesel PTO's,

but I am convinced that PTO's will command a shrinking small % of the total market.

Larry

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Duke Pepin

Name
Duke
NIssion Van

Here at CRS in Weymouth MA we installed a new 570ss in as a rear mount in the Van mentioned above. The floors in the cargo area are 1/2 the thickness of the Chevy express. In result extreme vibrations are now a norm. So bad that is causing premature failures in the 570. Also the cargo area being so tall it amplifies the sound of the truck mount and we are fielding complaints from clients for noise. I would not recommend a Nission van in any install.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Duke Pepin

Name
Duke
Yes machine is bolted directly through the floor with install kit provided. Photos are unavailable at this time. The vibrations are so bad we installed 3/4 inch marine plywood then a 3/4 inch industrial rubber matting. Then 2 2x4 runners wrapped in marine rubber backed carpet. Vibrations are still present.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Wow that's bad. I was going to suggest solid rubber runners but that doesn't sound like its helping.

So it it because the metal is thinner or because its not supported by frame members as well as other vans?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom