What's the worst injury you've ever had?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Carpet Cleaning or other. Art's thread got me thinking what a bunch of accident prone SOBs hang out here. :lol:

I've Broken my left wrist. Wiped out on a gravel road on a dirt bike when I was in the 8th grade...That's about it (knock on wood).

You? List em if you got em.

Pics would be awesome...even of the scars.

rcl1006

rotator cuff ,playing football. 20 years later i`m feeling the pain now more than ever

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I've been lucky cleaning carpets. Usual stuff: bad grip and fingers that lock up, occasional lower back problem, too much fast food.

I did have a priest give me last rights when I was a kid.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
My nose has been broke 6 times. I have to have surgery to get my left sinus cavity blown back up, it causes me to have bad migraines.

Played baseball when I was 13-14, took a fastball straight to noggin on my left cheek. If I close my right eye, and then my left you can see where it hit. My eye was swollen for a good month. For the longest time you could see the stitch marks from the ball as well but its seemed to fade away.

Broke my left arm, both bones. Arm was just flopping around after, and they never set it completely straight so it has a curve. Its never caused me any problems other than it looks funny, but you'd never notice it unless I pointed it out. The curve use to be worse but I had to do therapy that would stretch the tendons and what not to bring it back straighter/restrengthen the arm.

arm.jpg

Worse injury was playing hockey. Tore my ACL and MCL. I played left wing, even though I'm right handed I play pool and hockey left handed. Was on a quick breakaway stick side of the goalie. Faked a back hand, and turned a quick edge. Guy had caught up to me at this point, and hooked my left leg hard right on my ankle. My skates were tight so the only thing to give out was my knee. I heard and felt the pop, and I'd have to say that is the worse pain I have ever felt in my life. I did have the goalie beat, and hit it upper left corner, guy hooked me right as I scored. I can feel it every time its going to rain.

PS. Don't hate on my kick ass flannel pajama pants. They were my grandfathers. 8)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I got a paper cut once and it nearly got infected. :p

Seriously though, I've never been hurt much on the job.

Back in the 80's I did have the lid to a Steam Genie MaxiPort fall on my toe and while it didn't break my toe it did smash the nail and I had dificulty cleaning and walking for several days. That was probably the worst.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Richard you might be able to have your own episode on "I Shouldn't Be Alive" :shock:

:p

so far i am pretty fortunate to. the worst was a broken right collarbone and some ribs when i rolled a 4 wheeler 6 years ago. couldn't clean carpet for 6 weeks. the whole recovery is a blur...vicodin is fantastic :mrgreen:

3 years ago i broke my right hand on the job...slammed a freight elevator door shut with all my might, not realizing that the bottom door comes up to meet the top door at the same time. crunched my hand good in the middle where they met. after a week i could clean with the Cimex well enough. thankfully the solution trigger is on the Mex's left handle.

Becker

Name
Becker
Skull fracture included 2 black eyes.

Cleaning. Burns. Cuts. Strains. Busted lip from hose coming apart when reeling up.

Name
Jesse
Worst for me was having my right thumb bitten off by my iguana. 2nd was a 90lb block of steel falling out of my van when I opened the door and it crushed my right foot, 2 plates, 6 screws. Then some moto cross stuff: broken collar bone, right wrist, broke both thumbs (different times).

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Hit by a JetSki.
Tib/fib both shattered an inch under the knee.
4 months in a big blue cast from my toes to my sack.
Had to learn to walk again.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Two knee injuries about a year apart, Hyper-extension, busted the meniscus. Pretty much ended my tennis career.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
no serious injuries related to CCing

compound fracture of the forearm when I was 10
(fell out of tree)
it was ugly..

whole bunch of busted bones , cuts and contusions from my knucklehEd dayz .
Some serious , some I was able to walk...er...hobble away from

..L.T.A.

Mike Draper

You name it, I cold pull it off on snow ski's. Back flips, front flips, 360's, 720's and everything in between. Was skiing one lovely day and crushed my right foot, broke both legs, and shattered my pelvis. Was never supposed to walk again. I'm a walking bionic man full of stainless steel pins, rods and plates. My foot hurts like hell every single day of the year, I would cut the damn thing off in a minute if someone offered me a good chunk of change to do it. somewhat amus

John Buxton

I had to do a water damage 2 days after my vasectomy and my vac hose grabbed my junk...cant tell you how much that hurt.

Mikey P

Administrator
lordy

my vasectomy really sucked too.

broken wrist, spiral fractured ankle and called mean names by fat drunk loser carpet cleaners

Bob Foster

Mikey P said:
lordy

my vasectomy really sucked too.

broken wrist, spiral fractured ankle and called mean names by fat drunk loser carpet cleaners

How the hell did you get a broken wrist and ankle from a vasectomy? I would have found a different doctor. And whatever you do don't go back to him for a prostrate examination.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
Cut my right forearm to the bone when I used to hang steel for a living. Cut the brachial(?) artery, 56 stitches. 17 miles from the nearest hospital, almost bled to death getting there.

Infection set in after my vasectomy.....Oh lawdy....

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
bone spur on heal caused by planter fasciities in the arch or hemmoriod removal, not banding but removal

either of those 2 is the most pain I have ever felt

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Scott W said:
Two knee injuries about a year apart, Hyper-extension, busted the meniscus. Pretty much ended my tennis career.

Pics Please........ Not of your injuries. Of your tennis career.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
John Buxton said:
I had to do a water damage 2 days after my vasectomy and my vac hose grabbed my junk...cant tell you how much that hurt.

OMG!! That just happened to me for the first time last week. Lucky I was wearing shorts when that hapened or it wouldn't have pretty.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I want to know if Hoody has space in his jammies from the old man balls hanging in them.

The posts on here are making me cringe. Ugh.

Seriously the vac hose on the junk and the Vsectome hurts the worst. Yikes.

Were you trying to see if the fish were swimmin? What the hell?

Oh, and Hoody....Keep your boys away from the vac hose unless you want to end up like gramps. Mine used to step on his.

Lone Wolf

Finger broke, ran a grinder through the back of my hand, shot an arrow through my hand when I was 10, ribs cracked, nose broke, broke a toe in half, had nose tore half off of my face, broke hand, and had my front teeth knocked out with a brick. None carpet cleaning. Raced motocross, martial arts, and other physical skirmishes.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Brian R said:
I want to know if Hoody has space in his jammies from the old man balls hanging in them.

The posts on here are making me cringe. Ugh.

Seriously the vac hose on the junk and the Vsectome hurts the worst. Yikes.

Were you trying to see if the fish were swimmin? What the hell?

Oh, and Hoody....Keep your boys away from the vac hose unless you want to end up like gramps. Mine used to step on his.

The water was cold in them toilets in nashville. :shock:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD...
Give us a warning on that shit..Les!
I jus puked up my breakfast!

Al

Not really accident prone just stupid, I worked so hard through all those wd's this year, when the smoke cleared I was a cripple. I was out working everyone trying to get as many wd's as I could 24-7 for over 100 days.

I've been messed up since MF then on June 4th it got worse, I lifted a desk :shock: , and somthing else happened and I had non stop pain, my wife had to bring me to emergency room 4 times in one week, cause I was about to pass out from pain. No pill they perscribed would work for any lenghth of time. I've had mri and all kinds of tests.
I found a doctor that gave me a non narcotic pill that goes dirrectly to nerve pain! It works!

but yesterday he told me I'm good to go and he's wromg, I have no movement whem trying to bend left at the hip? Its FREAKY! He said but you can still bend foward backward and to the right? wtf

He said to stop the pills, I should be ok now and the pain came right back, way less pain but not somthing I want to live with! It wakes me up at night and I have to take meds and sit in hot tub before I can sleep again.

I'm not satisfied with that? He was an orthapedic, I'm going to go see a nerosurgeon, see what they say, there has to be a solution.

Don't work to hard 8) I'm going fishin 8)

bigchuckie

age 8 broken elbow
age10 broken arm and wrist on same arm
age 11 broken ribs fell of horse
age 17 burst appendix
age 19 broken wrist (punched mech. bull
age 24 sliced off half of thumb on a broadhead
age 32 broken wrist
age 33 run over by a piece of runaway equipment broken vertabrae
age 34 broke vertibrae again resulting in back surgery
age 35 squamous cell carcinoma on inside of thigh 2 surgeries
shoot that is enough oops forgot one age 12 broken ankle