What's the worst thing you've ever broke in a custys house?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Or in their driveway etc.? :mrgreen:

I've busted some chairs that were set on the dining room table wrong...by the homeowner. They were cool with it.

That's about it for now.

You?

Edit: I couldn't fit "customer" in the subject line. !gotcha!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Re: What's the worst thing you've ever broke in a custys hou

Jeez Brian that ain't shit. I am not even going to go there with the mishaps we have had over the years.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Ken...Have you ever cleaned a carpet in yer life?

What did YOU break?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink

Brian R said:

What did YOU break?

A sweat.....maybe. :mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

I thought maybe wind but he probably stays away from spicy foods....and Chavez.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow

Brian R said:

What did YOU break?

Around 11,000 residential & commercial cleaning jobs in the beginning of my carreer. I have also washed about 5,000 rugs. Both of these are nothing compared to most of my long tenured guys. I have broken or been part of a crew that has broken a few things, fortunately not too many on my team.

Ken

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow

No- I worked 6-7 days a week for the first 5+ and a lot of nights. I was hungry and newly engaged & married. 5.5 years.

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed

I have broken plenty over the last 16 years, the worst was the customers foot! No joke
It was an old guy who was shadowing me and I asked him a couple times not to stand right behind me, well I was concentrating on cleaning and I lunged back and stomped on the guys foot who was standing right behind me. I have been told over the years that when iam cleaning sometimes for no reason I will quickly lung backwards. I am 6'3" 250 pounds so the 70 year old guys foot never had a chance. He tried to play it off but when I called the next day to see how they liked the cleaning his wife told me that they had to go to the emergency room that night and it was broken. This was my first time cleaning for these people but I cleaned for them for about five years till the man died of a heart attack and his wife moved back to Ohio. He would make jokes about his foot everytime I cleaned for them.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum

Besides breaking a lot of hearts when they found out I was married shiteatinggrin

In 27 years of cleaning all I ever broke was a cheap lamp.

I just took $40 buck off the total.

I did have techs break a few things.

Like the one that drove through a brick garage support wall.

Or a 175 that went through a wall.

Never a dull moment....

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink

I was drying a house. Didn't have enough dehumidification or any(started the air movers before the dehus)... and got the vapor pressure so high that I cracked a wall 5ft up to the ceiling on a 14' wall. I about pissed my pants when it happened. :oops:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Dave Yoakum said:
Besides breaking a lot of hearts when they found out I was married shiteatinggrin

In 27 years of cleaning all I ever broke was a cheap lamp.

I just took $40 buck off the total.

I did have techs break a few things.

Like the one that drove through a brick garage support wall.

Or a 175 that went through a wall.

Never a dull moment....

Please tell me it was the parents this time. :|

Askal

RIP
Name
Al

Cleaning for my accountant many years ago I set a plant out on the deck and forgot about it for a few hours in 100+ heat. It was a gift from their daughter right before she died and they had had it and babied it for many years. Gosh did I feel bad. Bought a new one but not the same.
Al

John Watson

A client called and said webroke her Tiffeny lamp shade, when i went and inspected the damage, I found 9 of the 70 some colored glass pieces with cracks and chips. It was turned so the cracks and damage were not visable from where the lamp sat. While talking to the very upset client, our Ins. agent arrived (I called him imediatly after we were notified) This seemed to impress the client. This was the 3rd time cleaning for this client, she said she always inspected it after leaners were at her home. My son and I did the job and didn't come close to it or move the table it sat on. I explained that was why there were no tabs under the legs, we are able to vac and clean under without moving it. On a real close visual inspection I found a few white threads caught in the cracks by the leading. Her housekeeper of 12 yrs last dusted the day before we cleaned. Whew,She aggreed we were off the hook.

this is the second time we were accused for damage to Tiffeny lamp shades. 1st time it was a faux copy which we were able to direct her where to have it repaired. once her son found out it was a fake he confessed he and his bud knocked it over during some horse play after we left.

Mikey P

Administrator

I sucked a two year old boy up to his armpit once

put it back in you pants Youcums. :shock:

Little fella just could not resist grabbing the unattended hose. Warned his momma but I caught him red handed.

Really red handed...

He was flopping around like a hooked pearch. I had to run back to the truck and kill it in order to unhook him

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC

I had a tech that broke a statue some lady made for her father as a gift in the 2nd grade. She got it back after he recently passed. Tried to give her the job for free and have her call the owner about it but she wouldn't have it. She was content on giving us the worst guilt trip ever and continually talking about it the whole rest of the appointment soliciting multiple apologies from both of us every few minutes but refusing us to do anything about it financially or otherwise.

Mike Draper

Mikey P said:
I sucked a two year old boy up to his armpit once

put it back in you pants Youcums. :shock:

Little fella just could not resist grabbing the unattended hose. Warned his momma but I caught him red handed.

Really red handed...

He was flopping around like a hooked pearch. I had to run back to the truck and kill it in order to unhook him

I had the same exact thing happen to me once, I'm glad he didnt put it up to his eye. that was the last time I didnt pay attention to the hose around kids.

I had a lady warn me 3x that she has just purchased a $$$$$$$$$$$ Steinway Grand piano $$$$$$$$$ for her daughter who has just graduated with a PHD. She hasnt seen it yet, so pleeeaaase be careful. You guessed it, we chipped the leg. (my employee did it shiteatinggrin ) this was the second time in 2 weeks he cost me a bundle. I fired his Commie ass after that.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC

Had a van roll back and hit another car in the driveway. Not me, I wasn't there for that one. And on both of these instances it wasn't B&B either. The first company I worked for.

Name
I'm Rick James

Becker said:

Yeah I wish my customers would send me a pic of them in a bikini.. well some of them... Remember you are subbing that job out to me next time.. shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow

Probably the absolute worst/most expensive was when one of our vans drove into garage and tore the crap out of it in a nice neighborhood. This was before the Direct Drive could not be started unless van in park and parking brake on. Cost our insurance company 10's of thousands for vehicle and garage repairs. Imagine the surprised homeowner and crew that were in the house.

Name
I'm Rick James

Ken Snow said:
Probably the absolute worst/most expensive was when one of our vans drove into garage and tore the crap out of it in a nice neighborhood. This was before the Direct Drive could not be started unless van in park and parking brake on. Cost our insurance company 10's of thousands for vehicle and garage repairs. Imagine the surprised homeowner and crew that were in the house.

Thats funny.. I worked at a 2 truck Coit franchise a decade ago. I actually did the same thing, was on the phone with my boss when I pulled up, put the e brake on but left it in drive. Went inside did the walkthrough, when i turned the machine on the van started to creep forward and hit the frame of the garage door.

Luckly he ran a shotty operation and I didnt have the long stick to hold the gas pedal in yet.. So it didnt take off. Ever use a stick hold the gas pedal down to get the machine to full RPM's... Getto.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom