What's up guys...

JCoviello

Some of you may know me from the ICS board etc...talked to Mikey a few times on PM etc.

So I figured I give it a try. I don't have a ton of time to post anymore but still like to from time to time. We are doing lower cost higher volume work these days, but still staying pretty busy thankfully. It's actually kind of fun to work like I"m 20 something again - except knowing what to do instead of being a hack. lol

I'd start to talk about "me" but I don't think anyone cares. :mrgreen: Just wanted to say hello and give the board a shot. 8)

Best,

Jay

Al

Hey Jay!

Did you get any work from the storms? I came close to calling you for help with all the flooding on the shoreline.

If you ever need any help, just give us a call.

It's going to rain all week again :shock:

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
Glad you came over to Mikeysboard Jay. As you must realize the life experiences of us Connecticutians make us better cleaners and advice givers than the southern rednecks and west coast hippies that also post here.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
kmdineen said:
Glad you came over to Mikeysboard Jay. As you must realize the life experiences of us Connecticutians make us better cleaners and advice givers than the southern rednecks and west coast hippies that also post here.

I was just in CT last week, I even saw an Al's Absolute Best truck while there. All I can say is how does paying rediculously high taxes and having state run liqour store make you a better cleaner?

I must admit there are some beautiful areas in CT though.

Al

I was just in CT last week, I even saw an Al's Absolute Best truck while there

That's cool! 8) Where did you see us?

All I can say is how does paying rediculously high taxes and having state run liqour store make you a better cleaner?

:roll:

It's to expensive for us to drink

Mikey P

Administrator
Hey Jay!

We are doing lower cost higher volume work these days

These days..

May I ask what you what were you doing different 2 years ago?

How many trucks/employees do you run?

Do you get out on the truck?

What is your best form of marketing these days?

Have I offended you in the past?

What is your favorite Pre Spray?

Don find Marty humorous or pitiful?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The-Simpsons-Mr-Burns-Excel.jpg

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Al said:
I was just in CT last week, I even saw an Al's Absolute Best truck while there

That's cool! 8) Where did you see us?

[quote:2muq09r8] All I can say is how does paying ridiculously high taxes and having state run liquor store make you a better cleaner?

:roll:

It's to expensive for us to drink[/quote:2muq09r8]

I don't remember the exact road, maybe highway 32? It was near my brother in laws house in Uncasville.

I think my Brother in law works a second job just so he can buy his beer.

JCoviello

Al said:
Hey Jay!

Did you get any work from the storms? I came close to calling you for help with all the flooding on the shoreline.

If you ever need any help, just give us a call.

It's going to rain all week again :shock:

Hi Al, no not too much on the flood front. I don't do to much with WDR. Thanks for the offer...I did send a customer your way I *think* last week. We were booked solid for the week and she needed something before the weekend. I get calls from the lower CT River Valley and unless it's a reall big job, it's just too far for me...I'll start sending more your way. :wink:

John LaBarbera said:
Hi Jay,

Now you know how Luke Skywalker felt when he came over to the dark side. Welcome.

Well Mikey sent me this spam and I couldn't resist: :D

darkside.jpg

kmdineen said:

Hey what's up! Good see another cleaner in CT! I get leads down in FFC from time to time. I've only been taking the big stone/tile resto jobs so perhaps we can talk more about sharing some work!

Mikey P said:
Hey Jay!

We are doing lower cost higher volume work these days

These days..

May I ask what you what were you doing different 2 years ago?

How many trucks/employees do you run?

Do you get out on the truck?

What is your best form of marketing these days?

Have I offended you in the past?

What is your favorite Pre Spray?

Don find Marty humorous or pitiful?

Two years ago I was just getting this operation going. I was focusing more on large ticket cleanings, we made good money but it was not as consistent. The big tickets slowed down this Spring so I decided to try a new marketing approach and put together some packages for $99.00, $149, $279 etc and they are working fantastic! Not many just do the straight "$99.00 deal". Most say I'll take X for $99 and while your here do Y for $99 too. After some basic add on's the ticket is at $250.00.

We are averaging about $3500.00 a week consistently. Some may scoff at that, but it's a good living for a one truck two guy operation IMO. (You answer to #2 is in there if you pay attention. ;) )

I'm always on the truck and will be until the old bones say no more. I have a mobile office with laptop, printer, smartphone etc all tied into the office in real time so I do double duty out on the road.

Only your oder has offended me...well, maybe the fact that you enjoy guys having your tattoo on them. :mrgreen:

I'm on a Procyon Soap Free kick right now. I think I like MB version better though. Sometimes a shot of citrus solve if needed.

The only Marty I know is missing his front teeth and has a prison record...something about young children, I didn't pay attention to the details. Does that fit the description? :D

steve said:
Jay,
this is a Joe Polish friendly board. Most here love the guy.

That makes sense why there are so many BDCC's here then! :mrgreen: :wink:

JCoviello

Mikey P said:
Did you finally get enough of Rob Allen and his convenient lies?

Awe, man I'm not going to go there. :shock: I just want to post around with the little spare time I have. :wink:

I really don't have a beef with anyone...well, maybe some of the snake oil salesmen but that's about it.

Is it possible to just be neutral or do we have to register and belong to a certain clique? :mrgreen:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL
You'll fit in fine here! I post on several different boards but none compare to MB.

Even when it's some of the same people, the atsmophere is much more relaxed here and you can say what you want without censorship.

Lots of good people and information shared.

Hope you become a regular here!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom