IMG953331.jpg
IMG953329.jpg
IMG953326.jpg
IMG953325.jpg
IMG953332.jpg
IMG953330.jpg

Name
Jeff T
People buy shit cause ‘it goes with the room.... they have NO clue they are more than likely NOT CLEANABLE.... I turned down a run this morning that was one of the worst designs I’ve ever seen... I did a color bleed test on it, it bled within 30 seconds..... NO, ITS NOT CLEANABLE.... she said ‘ the sales person said it was easy maintenance ‘.... and how many has this idiot sales lady cleaned? ZERO? I thought so...

Reactions: BIG WOOD

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
Getting the water removed and drying rapidly will minimize the lions share of problems when cleaning any rug. Especially those thick noodle type rugs.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The viscose rug, inform her that the texture may change and may have a different appearance after cleaning. Clean at their risk. The noodle rug is a pain but is washable.

rmann

Name
Robert Mann
Jordan King is right. These are not as easy as a good quality knotted wool rug, but they are not that difficult either. The real issue is that they are everywhere. We see a couple a day and there's no end in sight. Restoration Hardware, and their competition, are taking over the rug world.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
If shipping is cheaper than Seattle, send them here. Better yet, bring them into any of our drop off locations and we will clean 2 rugs for the price of 1.

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
First critical step is getting them dusted well and safely. Especially the "shag" or "noodle" one. On the later, in my opinion, the Tumble Duster is the most effective way to do so. (Not every plant has one or sadly even dusts at all) However, we do and see its benefit. Our little boutique-ish shop does these types effectively. Yes, our horizontal centrifuge is an essential element in processing rugs of this sort too. Lastly, off to the hot drying room.

Mikey P

Administrator
Tom our new partner has one of your centerfuges.

Ill try and talk the owner or ceo of the wash pit into going to your party in October.

Iyo, what are the best two days to attend for a show newb?

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Tom our new partner has one of your centerfuges.

Ill try and talk the owner or ceo of the wash pit into going to your party in October.

Iyo, what are the best two days to attend for a show newb?

Depends what is the objective is?

ARCS has an intermediate 2 day course that starts Monday and includes Tuesday for a registration fee.

Rug Summit is a business building conference designed for owners, general managers and marketing people to assist them to make their business more efficient and profitable. There is a registration fee for the two day Rug Summit conference.

ARCS has a skills day that is free to members and at cost $50 for non-members. This will expose one to different techniques from rug check-in to rug repair and finishing for delivery and everything in between. The A to Z on the processes in various stations around the building.

Saturday is totally a hands-on wash day that is free to participates. Wash side by side with the experts using all the techniques and equipment on hand.

If I was starting out, I would attend all week. There has never been such a week of education in this industry.

Tom

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom