Whats your number?

John G

Until I die, what else would a guy do?
If you love what you are doing?
I always say a day cleaning is better than a day fishing....

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Until I die, what else would a guy do?
If you love what you are doing?
I always say a day cleaning is better than a day fishing....

they've confirmed your reservation at the NUT HOUSE

i don't have a "number" ...I'll always being doing something as long as I'm as able (I'll have to cause I'm a BD)
Plus I "need" to have "something" productive or I'd turn into the vegg

some years ago I gave some thought to being a school teacher to spend the rest of my days doing something worthwhile .
at this point though, i see a more realistic future in the gun/shooting/smithing/instruction biz .
Might even open a shop :headbang:

..l.T.A.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I set up a fund already for Ethan for college, same as I had. When he goes to college his tuition and books can/will be automatically withdrawn from it. Should he somehow get a full ride scholarship on academics or athletics then it will be saved for a rainy day, and I'll set an age to where he can gain control of it.

I have a Franklin Templeton Investment Fund, Legg Mason, and Roth IRA, and some stocks that have been doing well. Profits from the stocks get shoved elsewhere they will gain more with compounding interest long term.

you ARE talking about the two shoe box plan i explained to you .....right?

harryhides

Name
Tony
Whatever you do make owning some real estate a big part of your savings, find something you enjoy that you can do when you get older.
R"retiring" to do nothing is the fastest way to end up like a drooling Jimmy in the corner.

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
I will never give up the business but 55 is my target date to get of the wand and travel the world.

Last edited:

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Whatever you do make owning some real estate a big part of your savings, find something you enjoy that you can do when you get older.
R"retiring" to do nothing is the fastest way to end up like a drooling Jimmy in the corner.
I agree on both counts, Tony. I've added more to my net worth in my almost accidental forays into real estate than I ever did with my business dealings.

And yep, as Papa Nick Paolella says, "Find a job you love and you'll never work another day in your life." At 77 (maybe 78) Nick still puts in full days most weeks and personally caters every SFS. So I don't see Nick "retiring to do nothing" any time soon.

Steve

PS Nice to see you working for us turning the IICRC around, Tony. Can't think of a better man for the job.. you being a masochist and all.

rick imby

Name
Rick
I think I'd do as my father and show up less but I do not plan on an actual retirement.

So Richard C you will go from showing up one afternoon a week to one afternoon a month?

Rick

Edit: Link removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No I'll still be here but post half as much.

Plus since I'll be retired I'll do like Toburen and post in my underwear.....of course that means I'll have to put them on. :eekk:

:p

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
This is my retirement. If I never made another dime I would be okay but you never want to touch the principle. That is why I work. Panmass challenge and all that sounds good but it is all BS you are better suited to work within your community. First thing I did when I "retired" was run and work for charities such as cystic fibrosis, MDS and realized it is a bunch of people with a joe polish add campaign. I am not saying do not donate but see how much the execs make first. You can not do what I did now, it is too volatile. I ran with global utility funds in the late nineties and some really good tech stocks. There was one IDX security that kept going to thirteen and back to 3 so it was a buy and sell game, awesome. Now I have my Fidelty treasury money market, Vanguard (the fund I am in you can not get now) ad a t rowe price equity income fund

I am not even asking for child support

Last edited:
Name
jack zerkie
I really enjoy cleaning carpets and at almost age 71 yrs young . I like cleaning 5-6 days a week and no helper.Each job is a challange, so as my add says call jack on the carpets thats what I like. I don,t think about doing something else. I do enjoy playing the drums old rock & roll, also blues and jazz, now thats fun. Now I live the dream cleaning dirty white carpets and banging on the drums. jz.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom