What's your recipe for this?

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Nasty convenience store with grime build up as thick as 10 coats of wax in some places. I did not have any stripper with me :roll: among other things. :evil: Was trying to wing it since I booked the job only a few hours ago. I normally do not do this, and I reminded myself why.

Anyway, tried a couple of local chem houses (not carpet cleaning shops). Stuff that I used successfully to pull heavy grease, but not this thick out of grout. About 1600 sq ft of 6 x 6, really not feasible to hand scrub it. I tried some spray stripper in some spots and it seemed to work much better. Will go back tomorrow with a stripper bomb brew, scrub it with a crb and cimex brushes, and then blast the holy $%^& out of it.

What would do?

IMAG0117-1.jpg

IMAG0116-1.jpg

IMAG0115-1.jpg

IMAG0118-1.jpg

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Johnson's Fast Strip and some acrylic floor stripper. Scrub the piss out of it with a rotary and stiff brush or cimex, rinse like hell with a turbo and collect the check.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I actually tried some Johnson when I was on a job helping another guy out. It worked really well. thanks for the reminder - that will be the base.......... :mrgreen:

Jamesh921

Name
James
And, you gotta use something to break up the sugars in the soda spills. When thick enough, that crap can gum up the best of intentions.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Man those pics bring back memories. My first year I bid on and landed an auto dealership that had wax build up in the grout lines like that. Problem was I had no idea it was wax. I showed up after closing and worked about 6 hours and when I left it looked worse than when I started. It dawned on me the next day, as I was dreading going back to try to make this job right, that it was wax. I went to home depot and bought whatever stripper they had on the shelf (Zep maybe). I went back that night and spent another 5 hours but this time when I finished it looked pretty good. I ended up with about 11 hours invested into a $400 job. Of course in hind site I should have realized what I was dealing with about 20 minutes into the job. Oh well, Lesson learned I always check for wax before I quote a tile job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom