whatz up with martys v?

Greenie

Last I heard there were no competent Diesel mechanics in Bama, other than that IDGAS.

The Preacher

i had mexicun for lunch, had to run home to TAS, so now i dont have a shit to give. maybe tomorrow IWon'tGAS!!!

TimP

I'd only GAS if I can buy the V off of marty for like 10 g's. :lol:

hogjowl

Idiot™
It's still at the shop. I talked with them today and they said they should know something by tomorrow.

Seems it's just sat there since Tuesday.

Bob Foster

That's a common trick of a lot of heavy duty shops. They take the job in and tell you they should get right at it but then park the job in the back and then do it when they friggen well feel like it. But they got the truck so you probably won't take it out and go somewhere else. The smaller mom and pop shops for HD are few and far between but they usually are the best pick.

I should have warned you about that. First thing I would have asked is if they are just going to park it or will they start and FINISH it as soon as possible. If they knew you had another working truck basically your at the back of the list to guys who's working units are down - and that's fair. They should have given you an honest expectation of when they would be dealing with it but they often won't volunteer that information.

I feel your pain. Been there many times.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'm not that concerned. I always go into any dealings with ANY mechanic knowing I probably won't be dealt with honestly. It's a shame, but they are seldom completely honest, and are almost NEVER sensitive to the needs of their customers. Sorta similar to carpet cleaners in that respect. In fact, most PEOPLE are that way these days ... no matter what they do for a living. You'd think that a completely honest person, one who has an actual care for his customers needs, would be booked so far out, simply from word of mouth advertising, that he wouldn't have need for any additonal work, but I still have my slow times (like right now) and I make it a point to be the exact opposite of that truck repair shop that the difference should be quite obvious. May be customers aren't all that bright, or the desire for an honest service provider is over-rated.

Anyway, where did all that come from?

It wouldn't surprise me ANY, to have them tell me tomorrow that they couldn't find the problem and suggest that I take it somewhere else.

Scott

My experience with our local dealer, Great Lakes Interlink, has been nothing but spectacular over the past 14 yrs. They do care and keep their promises.

Walt

admiralclean said:
I'm not that concerned. I always go into any dealings with ANY mechanic knowing I probably won't be dealt with honestly. It's a shame, but they are seldom completely honest, and are almost NEVER sensitive to the needs of their customers. Sorta similar to carpet cleaners in that respect. In fact, most PEOPLE are that way these days ... no matter what they do for a living. You'd think that a completely honest person, one who has an actual care for his customers needs, would be booked so far out, simply from word of mouth advertising, that he wouldn't have need for any additonal work, but I still have my slow times (like right now) and I make it a point to be the exact opposite of that truck repair shop that the difference should be quite obvious. May be customers aren't all that bright, or the desire for an honest service provider is over-rated.

Anyway, where did all that come from?

It wouldn't surprise me ANY, to have them tell me tomorrow that they couldn't find the problem and suggest that I take it somewhere else.

You need to move. I can tell you this. Both of the local dealers have bent over backwards to help me and others. I mean coming in on days off, driving over to my home, meeting me with a back up van.

G

They are probably having trouble working while laughing so hard; give those poor mechanics a break guys; Marty I hope one day to be able to afford a v ; but I know from this experience I will definently read the instructions and watch the video. Hope your baby gets fixed soon. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom