when bidding commercial

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
the customer calls you and you give them a bid for requested services how often/or do you include prices for other services or recommend a different interval without the customer asking for them

Example, I have a church I clean the whole thing once a year. At the time of the bid all they wanted was a one time cleaning but they had VCT and ceramic tile that needed cleaning also
I gave her a bid to clean it all but also included a maintenance cleaning for the halls and entrance area and a schedule for maintaning the VCT
VCT; clean & buff 2X per year
Entrance and lobby; once a month with op & encap
Hallways; 4X per year op & encap
with this I also qualify it with a " if you purchase the additional services we will provide a free quarterly spotting service" but I have padded the cost for this service with the other services

Example, gas station ceramic tile is being auto scrubbed every other week and looks like crap. Owner wants it to be clean but still thinks he needs it cleaned every other week
I offer him a plan for every other week with TM & Turbo cleaning but also include a price for once a month that that is 2/3 the price of the every other week service, sure I lose a little money but I get a much better price for the once a month service and he probably would have turned down the every other week service due to price

Example; janitorial account, they want once a week but I usually include a 2X per week service in the bid but the midweek service is usually for basic service but at 2/3 the price of the one time per week service
Customer thinks they are getting a deal but I can usually do the midweek service in less then half the time but the additional money boosts my hourly rate so I can make pretty good money doing janitorial

can also pile on carpet, vct & windows which really increases the hourly rate once you figure in all the actual hours worked and costs, total up a yearly price for all services
divide it by 12 months and give them a price for all services at a monthly cost
This also ties them to me for a year, they have one company doing all the work and I can usually add a 3% cost of living in there also

most all customers purchase the recommended services or the recommended intervals and they seem to like a fixed monthly cost

I have only had one customer not like the additional prices on the bid,
this has also helped me in the winter months when the residential income isn't there and I am usually busy doing the commercial quarterly/monthly maintenance work

hope this might help a few of you

what do some of you do to increase your bottom line

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
increase my speed of doing things...

which makes it easy for vct when you have the "vortex/at" of the stripping world

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom