When do you decide if you're going to pre scub?

Mikey P

Administrator
The second you see the carpet or after you pre spray the hell out of it and see just how much over use of pressure and chems will let you get away with?

Reactions: Giorgio
Name
Jeff T
Gain the right clientele (clean, well maintained carpet), switch to RO water, AND NEVER PRESCRUB AGAIN.... I can’t remember the last residential I scrubbed.....

Reactions: roro

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
when they'll pay for restorative cleaning

and most com that's more than minimal soil
(simply easier to get perfecto with roto scrub 'n rinse on com)
and just worked it into the price quote

..L.T.A.

Name
Jeff T
when they'll pay for restorative cleaning

and most com that's more than minimal soil
(simply easier to get perfecto with roto scrub 'n rinse on com)
and just worked it into the price quote

..L.T.A.
I always scrub commercial. Whether it’s HWE, or obviously VLM.... it gets scrubbed. I always prevac resi and commercial. I live in one of the most saturated markets in North America. No one wants to pay for restoration cleaning in resi....

Reactions: Dolly Llama

sassyotto

Name
Paul
ok, I'm an oddball and CRB all carpet. If its a Fluff Job then I just go quicker with the CRB. You have to admit that if you CRB then you don't spend as much time/water on the wand. Best appearance anyway.

The way I look at it, if Mrs. Smith sees me use a CRB and tells Mrs Adams, then Mrs. Adams is going to expect it too. Same with next cleaning, do you keep tract of if you CRB - what if you do it this time but not next year? Just do it all the time, charge for it and be the best!

sassyotto

Name
Paul
then we get into what if you have employees? Do you let them decide? What if McDonalds let the employees decide when a burger was done?

Just do it all the time and be consistent!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
ok, I'm an oddball and CRB all carpet. If its a Fluff Job then I just go quicker with the CRB. You have to admit that if you CRB then you don't spend as much time/water on the wand. Best appearance anyway.

The way I look at it, if Mrs. Smith sees me use a CRB and tells Mrs Adams, then Mrs. Adams is going to expect it too. Same with next cleaning, do you keep tract of if you CRB - what if you do it this time but not next year? Just do it all the time, charge for it and be the best!
That's great that you do it in all jobs and I agree that customers notice and comment on it. I did one a while back and when I finished scrubbing, the customer commented that it was much cleaner than what the last carpet cleaner got it. I could have stopped right there, collected the check and left but I said, "oh, that's just the scrubbing part, I haven't cleaned it yet".

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
The whole concept of using terms like PRE SCRUB...............PRE VACUUM........PRE SPRAY not only baffles me but also your customers. Imagine what they think when you use those terms.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
I prescrub almost all carpets and have done so for 20 years.

If the customer pays extra then that's fine but I usually work it into the price to give me an hourly rate I am happy with.

I started this latest business in a place where no one knows me over 4 months ago and the word of mouth is 1 job out in 4.

Every client says they haven't seen their carpets come up so well.

I find it doesn't take much longer to complete the job because you can extract quicker.

Oh

And i like buffing.

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I prescrub almost all carpets and have done so for 20 years.

If the customer pays extra then that's fine but I usually work it into the price to give me an hourly rate I am happy with.

I started this latest business in a place where no one knows me over 4 months ago and the word of mouth is 1 job out if 4.

Every client says they haven't seen their carpets come up so well.

I find it doesn't take much longer to complete the job because you can extract quicker.

Oh

And i like buffing.
Yeah, I'm pretty buff my self.

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
Emulsify?

Now that is an interesting question.

I have experimented with various carpet cleaning solution combinations over the years as I use my own formulations.

Whatever formulation I use I ascertain dwell time, cleaning ability on different types of carpet, stain removal, overall appearance after the clean and how the carpet feels.

I am aware of how much detergent might be left in the carpet and have found that the carpets I clean generally stay cleaner for longer than when my customers have used other carpet cleaners.

I have experimented with different emulsification formulae but I don't use one all the time.

Will an acid rinse help?

Sure maybe in some wool carpets.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I was going to say every single job but it's really more like 99 out of 100 get "power scrubbed".

I actually skipped scrubbing one room today, it had a very tiny spiral staircase leading to it; I was barely able to get the wand up there, the 175 wasn't happening.

As far as prescrubbing, I find customers can better identify with the term power scrubbing.

PS I normally use a crb but it took a crap again about 2 weeks ago so I'm back to the 175 for now. I guess I'll be sending the crb in for repairs.......again.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I know the moment I look at it. Time is money and with a 2 man crew it just makes sense. A nickel holding up a dollar.

Reactions: Hack Attack

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom