When it comes to equipment our industry is in the doldrums..

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
fred boyle said:
sorry Bob, I'll take Old and reliable anyday
An I'll say "AMEN!!! Brother," to that.
And after the Vortex fiasco, how many times do we have to repeat it:
Dependability and durability beat everything else.
Period.

The rest is very nice but fluff.

However if they come up with some great new innovation and an amazing new process.
Great.

First we'll let somebody else try it and if it is as good and as dependable as claimed and has a proven reliability track record- we'll get it.

There are so many volunteer guinea pigs!

Bob Foster

I hear ya! Reliability has to be the number one thing a piece of equipment has to have almost secondary to how well it works.

People are wise to make sure something that is new turns out to be better. Rick's product that came out was a good idea.

Let's see solutions come out to some of our age old problems such as maintaining heat in HWE or a better rotary tile tool or a good CRB that isn't heavy and expensive. Noise reduction systems for truckmounts.

I bet Keith Studebaker is biting his tongue right now.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Unfortunately, in this day of 'instant gratification' everyone wants everything NOW. So companies are pushed to deliver the goods without proper testing and refinement. I see this in other industries too. Stockholders aren't interested in building a solid company that will be there in 20 years - they just want their money. Let the customer be the beta tester seems to be the norm now. I don't see this changing soon.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
We actually have some pretty cool stuff for how small our industry is in the big scheme of things. Our industry is a speck compared to jansan and many other industries and every good idea will have numerous competitors and BDCCs trying to build a cheaper copy.

The creative guys often move into arenas where sales are measured in tens of thousands instead of dozens.

Name
Steve Lawrence
Rick G.,
That innovation looks cool for the 175. Are the 3 pads geared to spin like the Cimex or free floating?
Thanks,
Steve

W

War Monger

I'm working on a new invention...carpet that never needs to be cleaned.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Mikey P said:
My new 30 year old Judson is all the excitement I can handle.

My new 35 year old Powermatic still kicks tail on my competitors, and looks more impressive to boot. Is the name Steam Way still intimidating to other cleaner competitors? :wink:

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
nothing against Rick but he said the procaps machine was built like a tank

someone else please buy the triple head for the rotary and run the piss out of it, then get back to us

give me old and reliable

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
My new Judson is innovative in that it hasn't succumbed to the more wiring and valves and solenoids are better idea. It's hot and sweet.
Al

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I think equipment manufactures need to stop trying to reinvent the wheel and start making wheels that are simple and made to last. I cannot think of any other service sector that is so full of BS.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
They heat, spit and suck.

Make them simple with less complicated bits and pieces.

This means less downtime and a machine that you can fix yourself, usually on the job if need be.

Use quality products and learn how to remove spots and stains properly and efficiently.

Do some courses with knowledgeable people like Steve and Tony.

Ad some carpet repair skills to your repertoire.

The extra dollars will follow.

How much rocket science is required to do that. ??

Ooroo,

:roll:

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Steve Lawrence said:
Rick G.,
That innovation looks cool for the 175. Are the 3 pads geared to spin like the Cimex or free floating?
Thanks,
Steve

Yes, the 3 pads are geared. As the primary driver revolves at 175 rpm's - the three pad drivers are spinning at about 500 rpm's.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Brand New
bestfrontmachine.jpg

steampro

Name
Ryan
encapman said:
Steve Lawrence said:
Rick G.,
Thanks,
Steve

Yes, the 3 pads are geared. As the primary driver revolves at 175 rpm's - the three pad drivers are spinning at about 500 rpm's.

Rick how much are these? Do you have a link for them on your site? I could not find it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom