when it rains it just flat pours.........

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I had that cough like that over thanksgiving and had the flu right at Xmas.

Take care Jim like you said I wish the custies would cancel when they have sick people in the house.

I hate that when they call and tell you someone puked and you asked them do people STILL have the flu.........yes they do.

Well call me when they don't!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I had that cough like that over thanksgiving and had the flu right at Xmas.

Take care Jim like you said I wish the custies would cancel when they have sick people in the house.

I hate that when they call and tell you someone puked and you asked them do people STILL have the flu.........yes they do.

Well call me when they don't!
If you would quit picking up the chunks with your hands you'd be alright. At the very least wear gloves!

There are NO normal people from Nebraska are there? :p

Reactions: GCCLee

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Having a building to park the trucks in during a Colorado winter just changed my whole attitude toward doing business in winter. Quite aside from the constant freezing danger it was just so nice for restocking and cleaning.

Steve

PS I'm all about keeping the fixed overhead low. But sometimes you need to bite the bullet and the increased efficiency and additional work you can do make it more than worthwhile.

I'm with Steve here. If you can find and afford indoor storage, preferably heated, it will take a lot of stress off your shoulders. My natural gas bill this month was near $200, but I just haven't been able to insulate the new shop like I wanted to. I'd rather pay the gas bill now than a freeze up repair. (I pay the gas on a monthly budget, so it's really only about $50 a month)

rw2.jpg

rwvan.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Normally we can go thru a winter and I don't worry to much about it.....this year has been cold...during the time I was with my dad I had to go home and set heaters in the trucks so Tia could just out and plug them in......that was a cold week...we were hitting 19's that week.....this one just got away from me because of my stupid thumb and this damn flu.......

ran it pretty hard on 2 jobs....3 of the leaks stopped when it got up to temp but one kept dripping....its on the other side from the pump and did not effect anything so at this point in time I am not going to worry about...... it pump is OK so that's all I care about..........another cold front coming in and I feel like shit.......so it can wait on me......
day was short...machine ran good...the only problem was a little tiff with some old dude on the streets.......aside from that I am done for the day.......

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I wanna hear more about the tiff Jim. When you feel like it of course.

I am sitting at a light in the right hand turn lane......the light turns green but I cant turn yet because there is a lady crossing the street.... this car is right on my ass and can not see around me to see the lady and starts laying on his horn for me to go...so I am just sitting there waiting and he won't stop honking at me......normally I don't pay to much mind to people out on the roads....I am never in a hurry...I always stay out of peoples way...and I just dis-regard the assholes out there.....but today...I was cold...I did not feel good...and they have got me on some pretty powerful meds......and I had about all that horn I could take......I just put the truck in gear and shut it off....set the brake and turned on the flashers......and got out of the truck....walked back there and there he was....some old dude with Indiana plates in a convertible with the top down in this cold ass weather...honking his damn horn.....I walked right up to his door and told him that if he and his little convertible mid life crisses could push my truck out of the way I would be more then happy to move..other wise then that..it wont start so go around me....and the good part was is that we were wall to wall traffic and they were bumper to bumper stacked up beside us and behind him and he was not going to go no where quick....I went back to the truck....I turned it back on...I kept it in park..Kept the brake set....and turned on the heater......and just sat there....it took him 4 lights before he could get out from behind me..and as soon as he was there..he thought he was going to cut over....light change....I put it in gear..dropped the break...and made one of the widest right hand turns I have ever made in my life and forced him to go straight......

kinda felt bad for the old guy for a bit there......but...that went away pretty quick and kinda been laughing about it all day.....

Reactions: boazcan and Hoody

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom