When quoting do you give price options & how close together?

Name
Jesse
I'm really inconsistent with my pricing. Today we won a quarterly service for $1290 per cleaning, this customer had the option of $590, $740, & $1290

My partner says that's to wide of a gap, I can agree but I have a good win ratio no matter what they end up choosing. How far is to far apart when someone wants their carpet "cleaned"?

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
What's the breakdown of the three packages?

Two years ago when I was on the cleaning end of the industry my package pricing would of broken down like this for 1000 sq.

320.00 520.00 & 850.00

I wanted the custy to go with the 520 package. With the 850 I was cleaning wall to wall, moving all furniture, applying protector with one year warranty, and cleaning baseboards. The middle was T/A's and protector with six month warranty, and the best profit margin. The customers shopping for the best value for their dollar normally won't even look at the low package.

Quite a spread between the 320 and 850, but I never ran into a problem with it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I don't do packages unless it involves urine removal or protectant etc.

Someone had said that the "package" pricing was proven not to be effective. I am not sure myself.

If you are packaging for pre vac or scrub and all that then I don't believe in it. Get the carpet clean right, there is no other clean than clean.

With that said, if some cheap bastard doesn't want to pay my price he doesn't really want it clean.

I am still working on creating a "hack" company.
And by Hack, I mean just a high volume, lower price for those who don't care. I still believe that a not so clean carpet can have the appearance of one and sometimes that's all a customer wants or cares about.

There is a market for that. I think you know who I'm talking about but I think I can do it better.

Name
Jesse
Thanks Micah, that's quite a range. I think it make sense when your talking about protector and moving.

The difference in my choices for this customer is amount of clean to the same area.

A= Vacuum, scrub, extract, post bonnet

B= Vacuum, scrub, extract.

C= vacuum, pre-spray, extract

M

Mark Imbesi

Of course, the gap will widen the bigger the job is. Packaging with 0.20/sf , 0.40/sf and 0.70/sf seems minimal at first(.50/sf difference), but it explodes into $200, $400 and $700 for 1000sf ($500 difference). This is something I wouldn't worry about. It's just common sense.

What I would worry about is the profit margin of your package pricing. All should be worth your while, with option 2 being even better (from what I have learned on the BB's is your client is most likely to choose option 2 and you should be taking some advantage with this knowledge). But, I have never applied packaging into my business. I agree with Brian with there is no other clean than clean.

In your A, B, C examples, I would offer the same level of clean with A being traffic lanes only, B being wall to wall and C, wall to wall with protector.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Marc said

In your A, B, C examples, I would offer the same level of clean with A being traffic lanes only, B being wall to wall and C, wall to wall with protector.

That's not too bad if you go the package route. Deodorizing may or may not be in there somewhere as well...if needed...or wanted.

If you are moving furniture for B, the price difference between A and B should be pretty sizeable.

Back
Top Bottom