Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When I feel like it

• When my wife says I can

• Total voters

GRHeacock

I retired at age 70.

Because I was not ready to retire before that.

When do you plan to retire?

Gary

Brian L

Name
Brian L
At 51 I don't see it in my near future. I will retire when I feel I am ready to get fat and lazy.

Scott

Why retire?

Unless you mean hanging up the wand and letting others make $$ for you.

Scott

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Why ??

When I no longer enjoy what I do, or the body won't let me, that will be the time.

Maybe, I think.

I would still like to do a bit of part time until a couple of days before I fall of my perch.

I have a morbid fear of living the life of a lounge lizard, watching re-runs of Days of our life & I love Lucy, until the remote control is prised from my dead fingers due to a massive coronary occlusion.

Cheers,

Shorty..

Always looking on the bright side of life ;-)

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Whoa, Shorty! If that is your "bright side" I would hate to see you on a down day! (Please cheer up before you come back to SFS in September at Chicago.)

Myself? I lived, ate, drank, slept and breathed my business for sixteen years. I loved it. Then one day early in 1991 I woke up and said to my long suffering wife, "Sioux, I don't want to do this any more. I'm not having fun." Six months later to the day on November 22, 1991 I cashed out our business and retired from full time work. I was 38 years old. Freedom is a wonderful thing when you are young enough to enjoy it.

Steve Toburen CR
Director of Training
Jon-Don's Strategies for Success

PS It is your choice on when to retire. (Duh!) But the mistake most make is they get seduced by the easy pay checks and the passing of time (moves fast, doesn't it?) and they don't plan for the future. I have a Special Report on exactly this subject. Write me at stoburen@homefrontsuccess.com if you want a copy e-mailed to you. No charge and no obligation.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Marty,

Sioux is happy with me. But I have to admit she doesn't get out much.

The Special Report is 70 pages long. Yes, I know that is a lot of reading. Let me cut to the chase for you:

1. Most carpet cleaners never build a real business that has substantial sales value in the market place. You have two choices:

a) Build a "real business". (The report tells you how.)

b) Don't worry about it because you are going to ...

2. Charge the heck out of your customers and put all this premium "owner on site money" into a Personal Investment Plan that will let you retire with or without the sale of your company.

What the heck. You have done great, Marty. At least YOUR wife will stay in the kitchen.

Steve

PS I guess that is one of the sub-topics of SFS. How to build a "real business" that can be cashed out in the future to provide for a comfortable retirement.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I was wondering where the I am kinda already retired option is @ 37

Jimbo

I've got 9 years to go...retiring at 62 sounds good to me...I am cutting back on work to 4 days a week.Jim

hogjowl

Idiot™
Systems for production
Systems for marketing
Systems for accounting/bus. operations
Regular residential and commercial cleaning accounts
Written goals and plans

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Jimbo, 62 is too young for you to retire.

Watch'a gonn'a do ???

Our guv-urn-mints new slogan is "It's back"

This refers to older, experienced trades people and workers.

They want them back in the workforce so bad, they are lifting the age pension to 70.

Seems the kids just want to spend their time collecting the dole, smoking dope, getting legless and have no interest in work.

What happens when the oldies fall off their perch ??

There must be a system for that, eh ??

steve r

im working till i drop. i just started this at 42 last year and with my health ill be lucky to hit 65. my dad retired at 62 and died at 64. ive seen this happen too much.

steve

Greg Loe

My Amway is looking great. just started and have already signed up 2 new business owners. I plan on being a diamond in record time. All in part time.
They tell you everything to do so you can become rich. Build your dreams and they will come.

We have our BNI group infested with these new amway scammers (quickstar) or something like that. The real business owners are getting tired of them in the group. 2 have left only 2 to go. They all have dumb businesses anyway.
They sell some kind of amway stuff.
One person you buy gifts catalog books to give away as gifts.
And another has a bad massage business. I went once. She answers call during the massage! BS.

If I had no kids and no debt, I could retire in Alabama.

GRHeacock

I retired at what was the right time for me.

Still working every day then, and feeling fit.

The money was right, and my son was ready to take over.

Gary

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom