when was the last time you applied protector to a commercial carpet?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
and how residue/detergent free was the carpet before you applied?

The second half of the question is the important one to ask.

There is a huge difference between applying protector to a carpet you have maintained and left (relatively) residue free from the time it was new and one you inherited after having been cleaned by an assortment of unknown cleaners and/or in house maintenance staff using GKW* for their cleaning products.

*God Knows What

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Every time I clean the Mongolian Grill I apply protector. They want it, so I do it. At 11:30pm it's a PIA and I just want to get out of there. As far as your OP question to the residue, who really knows. I don't get resoiling complaints and always use an acid rinse and drypass. I don't over mix my chems and I don't run through jobs.

Maybe Matt and his Walmart carpet will have an answer.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
have ether of you treated half an area to see if it really works?
No, but what are you digging at? Are you saying protector doesn't work? Personally I think it does. I had a customer spill and entire 1/2 gallon of concord grape juice on her white berber carpet. She called me to come get it out. I could see how the protectant I had applied kept it from penetrating the fibers. Thankfully I was able to get it all out. I'm pretty sure if she hadn't wanted the protector It would have been a different story.

Reactions: Condog

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Tell you what Mike, I'll fall on the sword for all of us. The next time I clean my Mongolian Place (I hope never again) I'll treat half with protectant and we'll see what happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Condog

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
People expect that what ever gets spilled to just bounce right up

And there are residential where they just go ahead and spill everything they want and blame you if it doesn't come out

Reactions: Condog and Nomad74

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
People expect that what ever gets spilled to just bounce right up

And there are residential where they just go ahead and spill everything they want and blame you if it doesn't come out
There are idiots everywhere. Up to you to qualify the customer and not oversell it. It makes it easier to vacuum and when you clean it the next time the soil will release much easier. The commercial buildings where I apply it are a dream to clean, other buildings that I clean regularly need more attention.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
My one place, church and school has All the money, so even when it’s brand new, put it down. But I spray in between every mass too🤷🏻‍♂️

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
not digging at anything.

the subject of part of the S100 review today.

All involved can't recall the last time they applied a protector to a CGD
Time to add more experience to the room.

Yes I've done it, and recommend it on all of our recurring commercial work. Not because I want the customer to pay for it, but because I want life to be easier for the commercial techs.

I did half of two carpets and never had to prove it to myself again.

The most severe was a white wool entry to a wholesale furniture mart. White was dumb to begin with, and they didn't have it cleaned much. It had to be pre-scrubbed before extraction.

I did half, and the next cleaning I kicked myself for not doing the whole thing. Treated side came clean with a quick wand pass and I had to scrub the other side. After that I treated both sides and never had to scrub again.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
pics or it didnt happen
You wouldn't see the difference in pics unless I only did half. You see and feel the difference as you're cleaning. I have one building that I have been doing for about 10 years. Heavy polypropylene over pad in the hallways. I have applied protector every time I clean. Carpets are about 20 years old and they clean like magic. My own building I have been doing for 6 years. Nylon over pad. Same thing. I discount the protector for my building as it makes it easier for me to clean and makes me look good. The property manager noticed and has given me more buildings over the years. I don't sell a lot of protector but on the buildings that take it, it makes a big difference in the performance of the carpet.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
You wouldn't see the difference in pics unless I only did half. You see and feel the difference as you're cleaning. I have one building that I have been doing for about 10 years. Heavy polypropylene over pad in the hallways. I have applied protector every time I clean. Carpets are about 20 years old and they clean like magic. My own building I have been doing for 6 years. Nylon over pad. Same thing. I discount the protector for my building as it makes it easier for me to clean and makes me look good. The property manager noticed and has given me more buildings over the years. I don't sell a lot of protector but on the buildings that take it, it makes a big difference in the performance of the carpet.
Thats all very interesting, but I want to hear more about how Canada won WW2

• Haha
Reactions: Mikey P

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Not according to the Wool Bureau or Wools of New Zealand. They still insist wool magically cleans itself and doesn't need protectants.

Let's see....the scaly outer layer of the wool fiber holds dirt but doesn't allow it to penetrate, so that it readily vacuums away...it is inherently soil retardent.

Something like that Bryan?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Methinks you misunderstood Bryan

His response was laced with a wee bit of sarcasm

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom