When will the Stryker wand go on sale?

Walt

I have the demo and I don't think I want to give it back. If I don't give it back will I just be charged for it? :D

Walt

CRS in Portland Oregon. I tried it on 6 jobs. Loved it except for commercial. I could barely move it across the carpet. I gave up after a few feet and grabbed the Ti.

I really like the deep cleaning action on cut pile. Berber is a little difficult to push around but the results were fantastic. No streaking, very deep cleaning. And oddly less water (compared to a 12 flow Ti wand)

If Lisa at Green Glides can make a glide for this it would be near perfect. I would be interested in seeing one after several months of use.

Mikey P

Administrator
Would you rather I lie to the members here ala' Roob Allen?

(btw, you should be ashamed that your boss is advertising over there Mr Studebaker)

tim

Try it on all types of carpet. One of the carpet samples at Connections made it almost impossible to push the wand across and distorted the fiber. Others, it did great. I put the wand down after trying it on the blue plush carpet, glide needs to be vastly improved before I would consider it

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Walt;

The Mytee 14" wands I reviewed, all came with Teflon glides.

Availability for other glides, is unknown due to the legal questions.

Stryker wands are orderable now,
and production models should ship in a few weeks.

Larry

Walt

tim said:
Try it on all types of carpet. One of the carpet samples at Connections made it almost impossible to push the wand across and distorted the fiber. Others, it did great. I put the wand down after trying it on the blue plush carpet, glide needs to be vastly improved before I would consider it

I tried it for two days. Your are right it was very difficult to move across tight berber and literally impossible on commercial.

But..

It was exceptionally efficient on some carpets. On an empty home that would normally take me 3 hours and 15 minutes - Completed it in 2 hours and 45 minutes (and yes I did dry strokes). I was very surprised. It seems to clean as deep as my 12 flow wand, all the while using less water. I also like that it doesn't have a trigger.

It is not a stand alone wand for now. You will need different wand for certain carpets.

Here's the real question. Will Green Glides make a glide for it. I think that might solve some of the problems.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Walt said:
I was very surprised. It seems to clean as deep as my 12 flow wand, all the while using less water.

I have a theory as to why...
cause it blows straight down.
Angled jet wands require higher PSI/flow to achieve the same results as straight down jetting

The cheap ole AW29 and PMF 802 wand gets a bad rap from the big buck hi-tech wand dudes.
Probably cause they never used one or used it at 400 and up psi

I know you've mentioned your love for the Greenie stair tool and how well it cleans.(and I agree, it does clean very well)
Look at the jet angle while cleaning steps next time.
It's very similar to the AW29/802..which ARE very good cleaning wands

..L.T.A.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Larry;

I also used to think that "90° jet angles" gave the best cleaning results. They do for a given amount of water.

I have switched to the angle-jet camp because of the increased flow possible without overwetting.

Many customers now use twice the rinse water to flush soil out of the carpet,

with the same drying time.

Larry

hogjowl

Idiot™
A good portion of the improvements to wand design have resulted in increased cleaning time when compared to the traditional spray and suck wands of the past. In this time of economic stress, it is good to hear of one that reduces cleaning time.

However, keeping two different wands on the truck for different functions is not an option for me.

Torn

Name
Chris Thomas
admiralclean said:
A good portion of the improvements to wand design have resulted in increased cleaning time when compared to the traditional spray and suck wands of the past. In this time of economic stress, it is good to hear of one that reduces cleaning time.

However, keeping two different wands on the truck for different functions is not an option for me.

I agree. While it's cool that there are new things cumming out. I don't like it that you need this for this and that for that. It's just more money that you have to spend and more stuff to haul, and more stuff to break.

Sometimes I feel a bit like the Gold Miners of old. They were not the people who got rich in numbers, it was the people who supplied them with the picks and shovels that got rich. Having said that I do like innovation and new stuff as much as anyone else.

Name
Lee Stockwell
A dual wand machine with only ONE wand?

I keep two because of Mr Murphy. Stuff happens. My favorite 2" wand, and a 1.5" that only gets used if an O ring or such goes out on the bazooka.

Walt

Larry Cobb said:
Larry;

I also used to think that "90° jet angles" gave the best cleaning results. They do for a given amount of water.

I have switched to the angle-jet camp because of the increased flow possible without overwetting.

Many customers now use twice the rinse water to flush soil out of the carpet,

with the same drying time.

Larry

I think that is a paradigm that most of us subscribe to. More water, requires more suction, requires special hose, requires bigger equipment, requires additional tanks, requires etc. But what if there has been another shift in the way we do things. What if you were able to get as good or better flushing with a less water. Suddenly TMs wont need all the "requirements." IFthere is a shift, people will be as reluctant to change as they were before.

Heresy I know. BTW, I'm in no hurry to give up my Ti wand and 2.5 hose. But if you look close Sapphire might be leading the direction the industry in going in.

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
I'm curious what you guys would think of the Stryker having a vacuum relief slide much like a upholstery tool for reducing the vacuum down force when using it on commercial carpet?

Walt

Teflon might help. Relief slide should be right on the head. Please don't make it so I will break in the open position.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom