When you rip off other cleaner's web sites..

Mikey P

Administrator
make sure to change the company names..

PRE CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS
We look forward to serving you! YOUR COMPLETE SATISFACTION IS OUR GOAL. We would like your carpet cleaning appointment to be as convenient as possible. We need your assistance to make the areas you want cleaned as accessible as possible.
The following guidelines should be observed in preparing for the best carpet cleaning ever:

1. Vacuum all carpeted areas thoroughly, dust and clean baseboards.

2. Remove all breakable items from the cleaning area and store in a safe area (lamps, collectibles, etc.)

3. Other than large furniture, remove all items from the floor (waste baskets, brief cases, toys, etc.). Light chairs (i.e. dining room chairs) should be removed as well. Pin up bed spreads, dust ruffles and drapes.

4. Extremely large or heavy items will remain in place (i.e. entertainment units, china cabinets, pianos). We will clean up to the outside edges.

5. Medium-sized furniture (i.e. tables, coffee tables, end tables, wing chairs, recliners, sofas) will be moved by our techs, the area cleaned, and returned to their location. When the furniture is returned, we will place protective padding under furnishings with wood or metal feet to protect the carpet and the furniture.

6. Please make a parking space available near the entry and free of obstructions (vehicles, bikes, flower pots, etc.)

7. Tell us your every concern. Point out spots and tell us what they are.

8. Finally, we will treat your carpet and furnishings with the utmost care and respect. Thank you for choosing Flood Doctor Restoration and Carpet Cleaning. We look forward to providing you with the best service available anywhere.

and Tom Cermak, as a IICRC master chef, you should be ashamed for asking the home owner to pre vacuum!

Mikey P said:
make sure to change the company names..

PRE CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS
We look forward to serving you! YOUR COMPLETE SATISFACTION IS OUR GOAL. We would like your carpet cleaning appointment to be as convenient as possible. We need your assistance to make the areas you want cleaned as accessible as possible.
The following guidelines should be observed in preparing for the best carpet cleaning ever:

1. Vacuum all carpeted areas thoroughly, dust and clean baseboards.

2. Remove all breakable items from the cleaning area and store in a safe area (lamps, collectibles, etc.)

3. Other than large furniture, remove all items from the floor (waste baskets, brief cases, toys, etc.). Light chairs (i.e. dining room chairs) should be removed as well. Pin up bed spreads, dust ruffles and drapes.

4. Extremely large or heavy items will remain in place (i.e. entertainment units, china cabinets, pianos). We will clean up to the outside edges.

5. Medium-sized furniture (i.e. tables, coffee tables, end tables, wing chairs, recliners, sofas) will be moved by our techs, the area cleaned, and returned to their location. When the furniture is returned, we will place protective padding under furnishings with wood or metal feet to protect the carpet and the furniture.

6. Please make a parking space available near the entry and free of obstructions (vehicles, bikes, flower pots, etc.)

7. Tell us your every concern. Point out spots and tell us what they are.

8. Finally, we will treat your carpet and furnishings with the utmost care and respect. Thank you for choosing Flood Doctor Restoration and Carpet Cleaning. We look forward to providing you with the best service available anywhere.

and Tom Cermak, as a IICRC master chef, you should be ashamed for asking the home owner to pre vacuum!

Tom didnt rip that off anyones website (Flood Doctor is also Toms company, and I wrote that, and it is also on several of our websites). It was my mistake not changing the name on his other website, not Toms.

I dont know about you, but I advise all my clients to vacuum as much as possible, as often as possible. ;)

I still (usually) prevac but its nice when the customer does it before I arrive and there are less big chunks to be removed.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I hate that and when people use other cleaner’s photos of before and after work, shop photos and pawn it off as their own. Some say “representation of what they do” if that’s the case why not show photos of what YOU do.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
Mikey,

So your saying that if the customer NEVER vacuums, you will spend hours doing their job on top of your own? If the customer pre-vacuums, then when I vacuum, it will be much more effective. I refuse to spend an hour or more vacuuming each room...but thats just me. However on the other hand customers seldom vacuum the edges and I am anal about removing all visible soiling / contaminants prior to cleaning so edge cleaning is a MUST for me.
BE CAREFUL ... There is a vacuum on my truck and I know how to use it! ( also note I use a vacuum with the hose attachment, a crevice tool, duster, and true HEPA filtration). Duh
*Pre cleaning instructions are to create a more efficient cleaning process, which is advantageous to both the customers and myself... and Post cleaning instructions serve much the same purpose. (get the idea yet?) As far as the company names... that was an oversight...both web sites were created at the same time... but I own both Dries In Minutes AND FloodDoctor... (so the rip off part is B.S.too)

8-06-07006.jpg

And FYI I'm not only aa IICRC Master Textile cleaner, I'm also a Master Fire & Smoke Restorer and a Master Water Restorer as well. I also have other certifications thru other organizations, having attended 56 cleaning related classes in 31 years! Oh, and thats not including business management, marketing, or other developmental classes like SFS that I have attended in the same time period. What are your credentials?

Before you accuse me of being a dumb thief, or a hack, do your homework buddie! This attack on my character and quality of my work was not warranted at all IMHO.

dgargan

I have that same list and I received it at a seminar somewhere. Maybe HP Round Table or at SFS

minuteman

Mike, I also ask my clients to pre-vac move stuff' and all the rest for me, even though I do vac and everything when I arrive.

Yo... Thomas, Nice RIG! & You Need a Bigger Truck for all that stuff!

minuteman said:
Mike, I also ask my clients to pre-vac move stuff' and all the rest for me, even though I do vac and everything when I arrive.

Yo... Thomas, Nice RIG! & You Need a Bigger Truck for all that stuff!

Ditto............

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
We talked for a few minutes, and were just getting started on the topic of his post when he had to go, he said he was going to call back when he was done, 7 hours later still no call. So I just sat here wondering why he tried to throw me under the bus...but was so nice on the phone...? Was this just another game? Did he think accusing me of being a rip off and a hack was funny? Was this some type of humor I've never heard of ? What were his motives? I waited but I may never know. He seemed so nice on the phone...

Mikey P

Administrator
Tom

When I got off the phone with you I was in the drive way of a $650 job. I then drove 13 minutes to a $150 then five minutes to a $295 then 9 minutes to a estimate then ran home to do the hot seat. Not time to listen.

Everyone knows you have a mile long assortment of IRCCR patches on your t shirt bud so have no fear, no one is gonna mistake you for a hack.

Except Billy who laughs at you for not getting $1.30 a sq ft behind you back.

Raedan

Maybe Mikey is pissed that Tom Gave his bud a hard time on pro cleaners the other night???????
Geesh....And I thought the Allens had issues :shock:

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
Well obviously you just don't get it Mikey, its not about the patches, its about a life long quest for betterment of my skills, a commitment to my customers, and trying to help others who are on the same path I am. That is why I was insulted by your comments and felt the need to correct you on your lack of information. Lastly, I don't care what anyone charges as their business model, associated costs, and finally their price is their individual choice.
No hard feelings -I've said my piece. I hope you understand why I felt insulted.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Did you want some ice cream on this Mikey? Thomas, it's Mikey's nature to insult everyone. But what would I know-I'm just a HACK(Please note smiley :D )

pie_01.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm sorry you took it as an insult. (I try and save those for the porty/tm denial crowd)

I was merely pointing out something I've seen too many times where guys lift paragraphs from others sites (mine included) with out editing the company name.

and personally I tell folks to leave the vacuuming to us unless there is construction rubbish or turds on the carpet.

Wear you ear plugs Tom, that thing is making you grouchy.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have noticed that the older and uglier a cleaner is, the more certifications he feels he needs.

Is this some kind of psychological coping mechanism?

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
Mikey,

If you actually knew me, you would understand how passionate I am about this industry. If you are talking about my moderating on his board... He asked, its that simple... just like pcc asked... If you had asked, I would have done the same!
I believe in giving back, and trying to help other cleaners! I sell NOTHING so I have no special interest except helping others. (yes it can be that simple)

I know this is not the norm on the boards (and I know I'm not "normal"), but it is who I am. Perhaps if we ever get to finish our phone conversation you will have a better understanding of who I am.

Your always welcome to call and chat, I may have been a little insulted by the origional topic here, but I hold no grudge and have no ill will towards you at all!.

Mikey P

Administrator
Tom,

I've spent way to much time with your brother to ever be bullshited into believing you're anywhere close to what could be considered "Normal".

Fred Boyle and I are the only truly normal people on this board

Chris A

Name
Chris
Mikey P said:

Not to mention both having a knack for pissing people off!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
c_adkins said:
[quote="Mikey P":21d0gmo1]

Not to mention both having a knack for pissing people off![/quote:21d0gmo1]

i don do bad....and I don even TRY!

Rattletrap
Charles
and now the Dink...