Whens the last time you saw a Pile Lifter being used by building maintence

Mikey P

Administrator
1594736395739.png

use of these are still being recommended in the IICRC standards for daily maintenance.

I suspect 98% are in the dump next to Suzanne Summer's Thigh Masters and 16" Castex Wands

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I think that they work(ed) great when used properly.

Too often they were just sold as (and spoken of by trainers) as "super vacuum cleaners".

Often "Pile Lifting" was marketed as an extra step in some "32 Step Platinum Marketing Package" that looked good on paper, and never lasted a month in practice.

The weight alone caused most them to find their way into the corners of cleaners' plants/garages/storage areas.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I would love to dig through that bag.

Well, time to go to work. I got two easy ones today but the rest of my weeks is filled to the gills. I'm tired just thinking about it.

Reactions: Trip Moses

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I would love to dig through that bag.

Well, time to go to work. I got two easy ones today but the rest of my weeks is filled to the gills. I'm tired just thinking about it.

A baconator double a day will see you through

Reactions: Nomad74

Rob Grady

Name
Rob Grady
No one wanted to empty the bag
I have had both styles of bags, the older ones had the metal clip slide across the top of the cloth bag to open/close and the zipper open/close on the back side.
The newer bags use a Eureka type F&G microfilter paper bag. Do not let them get damp or sit with debris in them in humid conditions.
Yes, they can be a dirty mess to maintain.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have had both styles of bags, the older ones had the metal clip slide across the top of the cloth bag to open/close and the zipper open/close on the back side.
The newer bags use a Eureka type F&G microfilter paper bag. Do not let them get damp or sit with debris in them in humid conditions.
Yes, they can be a dirty mess to maintain.
Change the bag with every job. Just like a regular vacuum. You always want to start with a fresh bag. Best machine to use before encapping commercial carpet. Not only does it remove debris but it lifts the pile in preparation for your encap system. I've had people tell me, what a wonderful job just after vacuuming. Haven't even cleaned the carpets yet.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Rob Grady

Name
Rob Grady
And to answer M''s question, never. Although I do have a property rental company who I sold a pile lifter to for their buildings. Their guy uses it for pre-cleaning prior to vlm 175 ING

Reactions: Cleanworks

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
I have 2. One certified and one Chemspec hard body. I still use them fairly often. Just put new bearings on the certified. It's amazing the difference they can make.
I have a Chemspec. hard body Had a hard time finding the bags.

BUT,,, it does have a UV light in it. Supposed to kill stuff going into the bag. ?? LOL!! so, can I upsell sanitizing????? the dirt I take with me? :biggrin: :biggrin:

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Certified here,last used in 2008.By us during a Showcase Cinema cleaning...it was a GD beast...built to last,built for serious impacted areas...

Reactions: Cleanworks

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Requirement in specs for airport we were quoting on. Pointed out to the drafter of the spec that one would need about -15- units to do their acreage, and that we had not seen even one in the incumbent's storage area. ( Still don't understand why we didn't win the contract as we were only about 40% higher pricing )

steve_64

The carpets in our schools was 20 plus years old and showed no wear. The pile lifters were used every day.

The bags were a dirty mess to dump.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom