Where does the dirt go?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Got 4k sqft to clean today. Gotta love it.
8A959C34-130C-480E-B24A-00B6DEFD6FAE.jpeg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
In your pad. Right? Of course that's not possible.

Yea, you pickup some but just as when you use a Cimex, the majority is redistributed and hopefully removed through regular vacuuming.

Nice job! 😎

Mikey P

Administrator
In your pad. Right? Of course that's not possible.

Yea, you pickup some but just as when you use a Cimex, the majority is redistributed and hopefully removed through regular vacuuming.

Nice job! 😎

You're either real dumb, real ignorant or just being an asshole but these microfiber pads hold a shitload of dirt

Reactions: Shorty

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You're either real dumb, real ignorant or just being an asshole but these microfiber pads hold a shitload of dirt
All of the above.

However I'm NOT foolish enough to believe that rubbing 2-feet of fabric over damp carpet is removing all the soil, as you run across it for a micro second. 🙄

Mikey P

Administrator
All of the above.

However I'm NOT foolish enough to believe that rubbing 2-feet of fabric over damp carpet is removing all the soil, as you run across it for a micro second. 🙄
How's that any different than running a wand over it for even less than 2 seconds? you're a fool if you think it's any measurable amount more..

I'm removing a shitload of dirt with these op machines

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
How's that any different than running a wand over it for even less than 2 seconds? you're a fool if you think it's any measurable amount more..

I'm removing a shitload of dirt with these op machines
That's exactly my point against a wand. A rotary or Zipper Spinner is far superior in rinsing than even two passes with a scrub wand.

A shitload of dirt? Maybe you are, I can't say you are or aren't. But I can tell you you're leaving 2-shitloads just rearranged to hopefully be removed later, if your clients vacuum regularly.

Reactions: hogjowl

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
As long as the check clears. They’re happy enough to use me yearly.
It is a great maintenance method and works well in commercial settings. The regular vacuuming large facilities do daily continues to remove the soil dislodged.

We cleaned 100's of thousands of sq/ft with it. It "looked better" than most other methods.

Cleaner...
????
🙊

Reactions: hogjowl

Willy P

Name
Willy P
That's exactly my point against a wand. A rotary or Zipper Spinner is far superior in rinsing than even two passes with a scrub wand.

A shitload of dirt? Maybe you are, I can't say you are or aren't. But I can tell you you're leaving 2-shitloads just rearranged to hopefully be removed later, if your clients vacuum regularly.
1631476664084.png

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mikey P

Administrator

I'd argue that on filthy carpet incomplete HWE only makes it worse.

Induced bacteria growth
Wicking
Adobe
That stench...

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I just wanded for 15hrs in the last 2 days and my customer would laugh at me if they saw me buffing a diaper on that carpet.

But...If I had time to explain that the diaper method was needed every 3months and the big truck was needed once/year, I might get one of those toys

Reactions: Desk Jockey

hogjowl

Idiotâ„¢
I'd argue that on filthy carpet incomplete HWE only makes it worse.

Induced bacteria growth
Wicking
Adobe
That stench...
I don’t think Chavez is talking about incomplete HWE, but since YOU bring it up, there must be such a thing as COMPLETE HWE. So, that’s what we aspire to.
There is no such thing as complete OP cleaning. That’s why it’s called a maintenance method.

Tom Forsythe

Another question, I have been thinking about lately in many areas, does the performance comparisons of OP and HWE, vary with nylon and polyester fiber? Do we need to re-examine all of our principles based on the fiber? It was a lot easier, when the carpets consumers wanted professionally cleaned were nylon. The type of fiber is definitely relevant to spotting. https://blog.aramsco.com/the-realit...st-century-do-your-formulas-match-your-fibers

Mikey P

Administrator
I don’t think Chavez is talking about incomplete HWE, but since YOU bring it up, there must be such a thing as COMPLETE HWE. So, that’s what we aspire to.
There is no such thing as complete OP cleaning. That’s why it’s called a maintenance method.
Go pit wash a dirty rug, then comeback and try and convince me that your wand or RE can get all the soil out.

Filthy impacted woven carpet CAN NOT be completely flushed if it us installed. Fact.

It is our job to remove as much soil as possible WITHOUT causing harm.

Over wetting, sticky residues, over use of solvents and other boosting products and induced bacteria growth caused by ignorant cleaners is not OK

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Go pit wash a dirty rug, then comeback and try and convince me that your wand or RE can get all the soil out.

Filthy impacted woven carpet CAN NOT be completely flushed if it us installed. Fact.

It is our job to remove as much soil as possible WITHOUT causing harm.

Over wetting, sticky residues, over use of solvents and other boosting products and induced bacteria growth caused by ignorant cleaners is not OK
Yes but bonnet, pad spray and wipe methods are by design only supposed to clean the top 1/3 of the fiber.

These are some of the oldest methods in our industry. Dry compound, shampoo, bonnet have been around forever. Many "dry" franchises came from the spray and wipe methods.

I can believe its improved some with a OP machine & microfibers. But if you're trying to convince me it's a dramatic change then that's the point you lose me. 🤔

Last edited:

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
And a janitor gets to institute both methods on time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom