Where in-line do you place your lint filter?

Name
I'm Rick James
http://youtu.be/TPppxjYb9gA

I have two Devastators on the way for testing..

You are going to like the devastator.. I've running one for the last week and have noticed the difference between my prochem lint filter and the devastator... The devastator keeps my vac strong through the whole job and getting killer dry times. Its a badass filter.. I have a 5 ft vac line from the machine that hooks to the filter..

I removed my Prochem lint tank filter.. but still have the blower filter on.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I had a custom intank filter built. We are "required" to filter the dirty water with 80mesh, as fine as the blower filters, before we dump the water. I had my filter made with lots of surface area. Cleans up really easy and catches everything bigger than a flea. There is no loss of airflow because of the huge surface area.
IMAGE_143.jpg

IMAGE_145.jpg

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I had a custom intank filter built. We are "required" to filter the dirty water with 80mesh, as fine as the blower filters, before we dump the water. I had my filter made with lots of surface area. Cleans up really easy and catches everything bigger than a flea. There is no loss of airflow because of the huge surface area.
IMAGE_143.jpg

IMAGE_145.jpg

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Depends on the hose run I have 2 females 2 inch toward the truck and a 2.5 towards the wand. Normally I use 2 small 7 foot hose to connect to filter them run 2.5 for 50 and 25 to 50 feet of 2 inch hose

SamIam

Name
sam miller
how long did you run it after you finished...

two things about the filter...which is really just one thing

The large diameter is going to slow the velocity of the airflow so that the water is no longer suspended in the airstream.
The filter itself is going to cause the water to "drop" from the stream

Obviously in a waste tank this isn't a problem because that is where you want the water to be "dropped"....midway through the hose...not so much

Not sure most would consider a little water an issue...but

I don't think making these things with huge diameters is best for performance....of course you want less restriction through large filter surface area and you can only make them so long....but i think the happy medium is found in a smaller tapered case

jmfho

PS...the HF pool filter seems to demonstrate the same issue, sans leaking, in your video....it appears to be 1/4 full of water?

Its true if the machine shuts off the filter rc99 will leak water so setting it in a home on the wrong surface not so good. But eventually all the water will get pulled through the filter or the last few cups dumped on the ground.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mikey P

Administrator
Even if its not in the house, I don't want a puddle of dirty water on the door step or even some of these designer drive ways I work in.

Clean water is one thing, but the funk in a inline filter can leave a spot that would have to be hosed down.

I have 2 Devastator filters on the way to test, I imagine I'll be keeping one and selling the RC99

Back
Top Bottom