Which days do you take off?

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Pretty much any ones I damn well want to.

If I want to take some time of in a few weeks & I have no bookings, I pencil out that week, and any calls that come in are booked in either before or after the time I want off.

Isn't that what owning your own business is all about, freedom of choiuce ??

Ooroo.

:roll:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
adcomp said:
Shorty Down Under said:
Pretty much any ones I damn well want to.
Isn't that what owning your own business is all about, freedom of choiuce ??

Ooroo.

:roll:

Not for me. I didn't start to get away from the daily grind but to make my daily grinding profitable to me rather than someone else.......

I am all about shorty...you go girl er um guy.....

I like having the option to do what i want when i want....That big contract I had that was temporary...was 7 weeks...i was up there almost every day, thought to myself..."self wtf are you thinking...this is like MR. 9-5 and it SUCKS" It was going to be fixed quick if-in I had landed that contract...

another note along that line....I tweaked my ankle (dont ask :oops: ) on wed night, had 2 jobs thur and 1 BIG one sat...called them up and said move it back a week please...1 was a little bugged but dealt with it....that is why i like what i do....cuz its what I want to do...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
We don't like working weekends or evenings.
Sometimes it's a necessity though, so we do work some weekends.

generally though, it's weekends off.

In Steelhead season, I also sneak off one week day a week to hit the creeks.
The day I pick depends on work schedule and isn't one particular day or another.

It's always contingent on whether "I'm" needed around or not and is always subject to change

..L.T.A.

Gary T

I'm with Shorty on this one. Whenever I want to or need to. I have 2 little ones that I would like to enjoy and see whenever possible. I will not be one of the many parents around here who see their kids 2 hrs a day. I also like my vacations, 5 weeks or so per year. I worked 20 years to get that at my old job, so I ain't givin' that up.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I take off Wednesdays, Saturdays, Sundays and Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday afternoons.
Guess you would call that Semi-Retired.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Days I have no work! :wink: Get away up north fishing a couple times a year though.

Keith

Rex Tyus

Sunday. Saturday is generally a good day for me. By working an Saturday it allows me to service those that like to be there when we clean to do so. I don't start an occupied home after 2:00 pm as a rule. The late appointments just aren't for me. Soccer, wrestling, band and Beta Club frequently dictate my afternoon schedule. But I also start at 7:00 am.

During football season Sunday is a mandatory day off for me. Saturdays I am selective about who/what I book, so I end up having most of the day off.

The techs have Every other Saturday off and always Sundays off.

TimP

I take off days I have no bookings....which are numberous right now. In fact I had today off and yesturday.....I have 1 booking tomorrow and well that's it for this week :shock: Planning on doing a few little projects and working as I get bookings. I jump on everything that I get and it all gets done very quickly.

But if I want certain days off I schedule them off....part of being in business for yourself!

Name
steve snail
Odin's got it right!

Powder days. For me this year it's January and a good chunk of February. If the economy tanks, I'll stay most of March also. A Basin opens Wednesday.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
sundays are my fishing day always..
i take off whenever i want but dont take advantage of it unless i have something to do. i am still building the business and will take advantage of all the hard work in due time.
dave

Jimbo

Sun and Mon penciled out...just got my Mt Rose pass...skimtrose.com...it's right on the way home from work...so I pack my gear during the winter!

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Craig just picked up his pass too Jim. I figured I might just have to tag along and ride a few days this winter with him.

G

No carpet cleaning on Sundays for me. I try not to work on Mondays, cept when a job comes in.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I like saturday and sunday off. I will work a Saturday when I need to.
Thursday is my marketing day so no cleaning. Doesn't always work out like that.

I have been so busy lately I havn't been able to do all the work. I have to give it up to some local cleaners that help me out. Hope it keeps up but who knows. I keep knocking on wood (not like that)

I wish this problem on all the cleaners here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom