Which GPS system you guys using?

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
bought the GARMIN DRIVE 60 a few days ago. Been trying it out against my iPhone map.
It’s going back in the box tonight and returning it tomorrow. Junk.
Amazing how this thing is lagging behind on a few features especially with the touch screen. Feels like the touch screen from back 15 years ago. Incredible.
Don’t need nothing fancy but touch screen should be current compatible with touch screen phones. Also live traffic updates, accuracy, etc.

What are some of the models you guys like and using?

Btw Apple Maps on iPhone is not bad at all but would like live update on traffic and separate unit other then using my phone for mapping.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I just use my phone with Google map. More than enough. If necessary I am able to download it at risk of losing signal.

Mikey P

Administrator
Google needs to take their Maps/Earth program, load it and only it into a water and dust proof tablet that has a Stylus so you can draw a line from A to B while you're in cell/data range, then hit Follow, for off raid use.

Or enter a destination such as a carpet cleaning customer or restaurant, then hit "take me there"...

Simple, no nonsense and idiot proof.

I cant believe they havent years ago.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Or enter a destination such as a carpet cleaning customer or restaurant, then hit "take me there"...

Simple, no nonsense and idiot proof.

I cant believe they havent years ago.

They have that now! I use my phone almost every day for that very thing. "Okay Google, show me directions to Home Depot in Brighton, MI" makes it pop right up on the screen from the sleep mode.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I use the one on my iPhone but I can see why you would want a separate unit. Nothing like getting close to a house in a neighborhood you've never been in and the wife calls you while you're trying to watch where you are going.
How about using an ipad or one of those pads Verizon gives away if you sign a 2 year contract, then you can choose whichever app you want.

Reactions: icleancarpetz

sassyotto

Name
Paul
doing this for over 35 years I know where the streets are pretty well. but the new ones I have to look on my (get ready) laminated map. If its not on there, I just ask Sari. I know its old fashioned but I like to play how Im going to get there rather than my phone telling me where to turn. that and I can keep my eyes on the road

Mikey P

Administrator
Streets are easy..

I want a unit that will direct me on rabbit trails.
Screenshot_20180609-211440_Maps.jpg

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
For those using iPhone for maps, what apps are you guys using to track your mileage?

I like to use a separate unit for mapping for the very same thing Joe said, you’re watching and listening where your going on the phone map on your way to a new clients home, then a call comes in and map disappears. Hate that.

I like the idea of a mini iPad.

Still would not mind getting a gps with a smooth touch screen and interface.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
We have Kenwood stereo systems in each van that have Google maps but we also use our phones to check against them.

They need updates sometimes and I really don't take the time to do it.

On long trips we use a 7 inch Samsung tablet with Google maps.

They give us nice live traffic reports

Name
Ross Martin
I use a Garmin with dash cam for three reasons.

Dash cam, it is like death race 2000 down here. WHEN someone drives into me again, I want a record of it (It happened last June, and I didn't have a dash cam then)

Can be very distracting looking down at your phone for directions.

Was a PITA when I would get a call right when a turn was coming up.

It does have a lot of features that I do like, but to find an address sucks. It was a better system for that 10 years ago.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom