first step chemical injection.....

or does it really matter......

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Brian Robison said:
Last step.
Doesn't running chems through your pump screw it up?

depends on the chems you run, I s'pect

running a quality emulsifier w/corrosion/scale inhibitors won't hurt a thing.
don't know if the acid rinses jack things up or not

given the problems associated with chem pumps, I'd opt opt for the simple, reliable siphon feed every time

..L.T.A.

Greenie

Like Meat said, depends on the juice, I know one of the first comments I get from Judson rinse customers is it seems to clean out their system, some even claim higher heat, that can only be one thing, a cleaner HX.

I don't fear syphon chem systems that pull the juice through the system, they are actually much more reliable, and reliability is the most common requested feature in a TM chem system.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
so if I ran just Judsons rinse threw my machine I could very easy switch over to a first step chemical injection...????????

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Chemicals that "clean" the interior plumbing generally do so at the expense of the reactive metals they are cleaning. Not a problem if such products are used sparingly and with relative infrequency. Some pumps, bypass valves and fittings are fault tolerant in this regard (in that they last a reasonable period of time with deepening etching occurring), some are not.

Corrosion inhibitors in many cleaning products act to "plate out" on the reactive metals, i.e. silicates. However, some of these same corrosion inhibitors do build up over long periods, inhibiting heat exchange efficiency and potentially clogging small orifices and filter screens. Thus the need to "descale" these chemical deposits in system areas they contact.

As to the question, it really depends on the entire chemical regimen and the equipment design that the user has selected. For some users, last step is superior, for others, not.

Remember that although in last step injection, dilute chemical is saved from acting upon a pressure pump. BUT, in last step, highly concentrated chemical runs through a pulse pump and system of only slightly lesser long term cost. NAd it's not only the reactive chemicals you worry about, it is also the hydrocarbon solvents and co-solvents that many Mfrs are using in their TM chems.

Greenie

Jim Martin said:
so if I ran just Judsons rinse threw my machine I could very easy switch over to a first step chemical injection...????????

Yes.

It's as simple as starving the pump 10% and running a T over to a Dwyer meter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom