whip it, whip it real good

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
using your wand doing stairs, you should get one of those plastic coils that is on your 2 in hose for your 11/2 hose.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
using your wand doing stairs, you should get one of those plastic coils that is on your 2 in hose for your 11/2 hose.

even the lightweight taper hose was not kinking behind the cuff, for me

for Conway it does

But this new 1.5 shouldn't be an issue.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I like the tapered whip but when I can, I take it off and swap a 2” - 1,5” cuff and use it.
Porty life is like sailing vs power boating; you have to fine tune everything you do.

Reactions: darcie smith

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I ordered a 12". I don't mind 2" hose to the wand. I just wanted a smaller, but high-performance wand for furnished homes. I might try a 2" hose all the way to the wand. Doesn't the wand come with a 1.5"-2" adapter?

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
So subtracting from the amount of 1.5 hose gives you better perceived airflow.... even though the tapered hose, along with the 2” opening at the head was somehow supposed to be what makes the wand scream.

I wonder if the whole thing with this new 12” is just placebo effect and as it turns out, 2” hose and 2” wands simply produce better airflow, no matter the technology involved.

My 12” inch hasn’t been built yet, so I can easily switch to the 14” instead.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
So subtracting from the amount of 1.5 hose gives you better perceived airflow.... even though the tapered hose, along with the 2” opening at the head was somehow supposed to be what makes the wand scream.

I wonder if the whole thing with this new 12” is just placebo effect and as it turns out, 2” hose and 2” wands simply produce better airflow, no matter the technology involved.

Using a 1.5 whip will reduce your airflow but will increase the velocity of the air. As long as the whip isn't too long, the results should be the same.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Using a 1.5 whip will reduce your airflow but will increase the velocity of the air. As long as the whip isn't too long, the results should be the same.
Good info...

So basically the benefit of the velocity makes up for the decrease in airflow?

My 12" is being shipped today, so we shall see...

steve_64

I got some real flexible 2 inch hose from Olsen last year that is easy to work with.

On my 1.5 inch wands I leave the cuff on them without hose attached to it and the 2 inch cuff slips over that so I run 2 inch on all my tools. It makes a big difference in the amount of water I leave behind.

Mikey P

Administrator
I got some real flexible 2 inch hose from Olsen last year that is easy to work with.

On my 1.5 inch wands I leave the cuff on them without hose attached to it and the 2 inch cuff slips over that so I run 2 inch on all my tools. It makes a big difference in the amount of water I leave behind.
Yeah but your wand technique sucks so it's all for naught, according to Bawb.

Mikey P

Administrator

I have a D14 too.

I'll never use it again

Reactions: Meter Maid

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Here's to hoping you're right....

I've been using the Bentley... good recovery, but I really have to push the head into heavy pile to pull water from down deep. Could be the green glide I replaced the stainless glide with. Anyway, I like some bite in a wand.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Here's to hoping you're right....

I've been using the Bentley... good recovery, but I really have to push the head into heavy pile to pull water from down deep. Could be the green glide I replaced the stainless glide with. Anyway, I like some bite in a wand.
Don’t second guess your purchase. Also, the way it is bent will let you maneuver around things faster than a politician.

sassyotto

Name
Paul
Dont worry about drying times. I tried the Dev12 and loved it. It dried just as fast as the wand Im using now.

The only things I didnt like was

-the whip hose. its one more thing I have to bring into the house. You can use a reducer on the wand but it just doesnt stay on too well. I would prefer either the wand to have it tapered (like my 1.5 Prochem trijet) Id go with the 14 inch but too many jets.

-for some reason I would prefer a non swivel wand.

So if there is a Dev12 with a 2 inch connection at the hose (either a 2 inch tube or tapered to 2 inches where the hose connects) that does not swivel I would buy it in a heartbeat no matter the cost. Really!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom