white magic commander system temperature light on

Johnlopez123

Name
John
My system temperature light is on. On my white magic commander air cooled. It comes on immediately. Maybe a bad sensor? Any advice would be helpful.

FredC

Village Idiot
Probably if it comes on immediately

looks to be connected to a kill switch if I'm looking at the manual correctly so I would expect a shutdown if there was an issue

I think this is the switch

wmcom.jpg

https://mikeysboard.com/resources/white-magic-commander-h-o-air-cooled.31/

I can only find that part # [J0348] at steambrite...they also have an alternate listed that can be found at most other suppliers
edit: Also here
https://www.cleanservinc.com/parts/electrical-system/switch-temp-285f-j0348.html

Last edited:

Johnlopez123

Name
John
Fred thank you for all the info. That is the exact switch I'm looking for. But the weird thing is the system does not shut down. It still runs with the system temperature light on but when I unplug that switch, the light goes off. Idk what else to check. I might just have to change it to see if that is the problem but I don't want to waste any unnecessary money.

FredC

Village Idiot
Fred thank you for all the info. That is the exact switch I'm looking for. But the weird thing is the system does not shut down. It still runs with the system temperature light on but when I unplug that switch, the light goes off. Idk what else to check. I might just have to change it to see if that is the problem but I don't want to waste any unnecessary money.

If you have an ohmmeter you put it on the terminals and it should read open. Anything else and its bad.

You could also pull the switch and use the ohmmeter and a heat gun to make sure it "closes" properly.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Johnlopez123

Name
John
ok. there are three terminals on the switch but only 2 of them are used. I should check the two terminals that are being used correct? and if I am checking if it closes properly it will read open on the ohmmeter until it reaches 285degrees then it will show resistance?

FredC

Village Idiot
Correct

The NC terminal (normally closed) is not used

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom