Whittaker GLS

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
let me just say, i am interested in CRB machines and have always planned on buying one in the future.

looked at a 50k sq.ft. facility this a.m., contact told me that a couple CC'ers back, they had a fella briefly who used a "Whittaker" machine...i assume a GLS. i asked if it did a good job, he said, "yes, but look at this..."

all along some of the seams there were tufts sticking up. he blamed that particular CC'ers "system".

for you experienced CRB users: is this common for a CRB machine to cause this problem?

or was was the problem definitely installation-related?

thanx for the feedback --- Derek.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
He used the wrong brushes or he used a rotowash machine.

hogjowl

Idiot™
No ... the machine is not at fault. Even if they used a green brush on a cut pile commercial, which is not likely, the damage would have been throughout the face of the carpet, and not just along the seams, unless poor seaming technique was used. (No seam sealer.)

In any case, if the pulled tufts are noticed only in the seams, then it's an installation problem.

G

Especially on cgd alot of cheap installers wont use seam sealer on their seams.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
My opinion is that the rotowash machine is mainly to be used for tile/floor and not carpet.While advertised that it can be used I feel its too aggressive.

Derek was it carpet tiles or plain ole' commercial carpet that showed the damage?

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
not tiles just plain old rolls of CGD.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom