Who all is Jumping on Saturday at Mikeyfest?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
George, Ron and Nate said they all want to go. Who FOR SURE is actually going to go. Saturday looks the best. We can go jump and be back for the party in the evening.

I need to know for SURE that people want to go. I am not going to haul my rig to Cali if we are not going to jump.

We also need to make reservations for the Tandems right away so you can actually jump at the time we want. It is normal for them to take a credit card and charge a cancelation fee if you don't show up so be absolutly sure you are going.

I would like to book the Tandems tomorrow.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
John is there a tandem weight limit?

Sky Dive Kansas has a 220lb weight limit, why do you suppose they have that? :?:

I'd like to Jump, but I'm 265lb, I'm way over the limit. :oops:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Yes there is a weight limit. Normally it is 230lb. Anything over 200 is between 1-2 per lb extra.

I have seen exceptions made. If you are 6'4 and 240-250 of muscle the Tandem Instructor may choose to take you. (They are the ones that really decide as it is their life they are risking as well as yours) There is also times where someone might only be 180lbs but they are 5' tall and built like a bowling ball. Stapping a 180lb bowling ball to your chest is a very scary situation so while they technically are under the weight limit they would probably not be allowed to go either.

The whole thing is about saftey. You are falling at 120+mph towards a very large, unforgivable ROCK and while the equipment used is the most state of the art avaialbe it does have limitations. If a malfunction does happen you would want the person on the front of you to be able to assit you not make things worse i.e see bowling ball above. It is about mitigating the risk.

Oh and You can do everything RIGHT and still die.

It is worth it though :) I am going to a Big Way camp this weekend (40+ Jumper formations) I'll post Videos when I get them

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
So 5-11 and 220lb of muscle and 45-lbs of fat doesn't work? LOL

My nephew jumped a couple of years ago, they taped it. It looked awesome! Always wanted to do it, but you'd have to push me! :mrgreen:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
LISTEN UP HERE......the day that i let someone (A MAN) ride on my back like a prison she-male...is the day that i WANT the chute ta fail.......no offense!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LISTEN UP HERE......the day that i let someone (A MAN) ride on my back like a prison she-male...is the day that i WANT the chute ta fail.......no offense!
So I take it sharing the room with my boy Hoody wasn't a good experience for ya?
:wink:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
bob vawter said:

Bob it sounds like you have some Childhood issues you need to face and move on from. Here I'll start it for you...It's ok it wasn't your fault. Just because it got hard doesn't mean you liked it :mrgreen:

Name
Nate W.
I'm still down to jump. I don't have any credit cards. Would I be able to use my girlfriends one or mom's one? Lmk. I'll send you my phone #.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Here is some info

http://www.skydivesandiego.com
You must be 18 yrs of age to skydive.
You must weigh less than 231 lbs, be height/weight proportionate, and be capable of an active lifestyle.
All skydives must be made in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulations and United States Parachute Association Recommendations.
First Jump Certification "A" License Videos F.A.Q.

Tandem Skydive!

After a brief training session, you will skydive from 13000 feet harnessed to a licensed tandem instructor. Freefalling for approximately 1 minute, you will taste adventure you never thought existed! Your instructor will deploy the parachute at about 5000 feet, and you will then enjoy a 5-6 minute parachute flight over Southern California's stunning scenery. Landing softly in our grassy drop zone in front of your friends and family, you will be presented with a First Jump Certificate to proudly display!

We specialize in making group skydives, so bring your friends and we will see to it that you all ride the same plane up! Nothing makes a better experience than riding to altitude with a group of your excited friends, and jumping from the same plane!

Your first tandem skydive includes:

Pre-jump instructional class
One tandem jump harnessed to a professional Instructor
Approximately one minute of freefall from 13,000 feet
A scenic 5 to 7 minute parachute flight
A First Jump Certificate
Skydiving videos are available for an additional charge
Regular List Price: $209

E-ticket Price: $199

Cash Price with Reservation: $189
Call 619.216.8416

So Nate is going and who else? I am going to call Ron and George today I need or you need to make reservations or your not going to get to jump or at least won't jump at the time we want so we can get back to the party on saturday.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
RCTPKS said:
Always wanted to do it, but you'd have to push me! :mrgreen:
[*]

A chance at pushing a bears fan out of a moving plane........ priceless.

I'll push you chute or not! :wink:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
truckmount girl said:
I'll jump if Mikey jumps too! How much does it cost?

Take care,
Lisa

JHC...
Mikeys FACE would serve as a bat-wing.........he could FLY for miles..........!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
A chance at pushing a bears fan out of a moving plane........ priceless.

I'll push you chute or not! :wink:
Chris
That's what I like about you......wait that's not what I like about you, in fact, upon reflection, I don't like anything about you! :p

Skink'n Packers fan! :mrgreen:

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
What exactly is skinkin? You should've been at my shop for my tile class on Mon and Tues. Dane is a huge Bears fan and we went rounds both days. It was fun.

Chads

Supportive Member
I'm sorry John but I will have to pass, I'm not that areodynamic and my wieght will defnitly make me get to the ground faster. :oops:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom