who cares where the dirt goes.

Mikey P

Administrator
at least 50 people were watching me do this that night, not one asked.

granted 32 of them were the elderly....

1605798611715.png

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
at least 50 people were watching me do this that night, not one asked.

granted 32 of them were the elderly....

View attachment 103745

We had an employee in our cleaning company from 1970-1974 as I remember.

"Little Charlie" ( a big fat kid...the nickname was a less than kind tease) hated hot water extraction, as our Bates 1511 portable was portable in the same way that a refrigerator on wheels is "portable". At the time we offered "shampoo" or "steam", with my father encouraging "steam" cleaning as a better method, but "shampoo" was available to keep the customers from the prior ten years happy.

But of course "Little Charlie" just wanted to "shampoo" the carpet, since the weight of the machine, and the necessity of dumping the dirty water was something his lazy butt couldn't tolerate.

So, when people would ask "Little Charlie" where the dirt went when he shampooed carpet, he would make a serious face and say:

"Do you see that metal box on top of the scrubber?" (The motor assembly of course) "That is where the extractovation processes accumulates all the dirt. We take it back to our plant and a special machine sucks out the dirt so we don't have to dump it back in your home and contaminate everything".

Quite the hustler was "Little Charlie". His routine came to light when a new helper squealed on him.

"Shampoo" was no longer an option on "Little Charlie's" truck after that.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
So I have a residential to do😏 10 yr old builder grade never been cleaned with 3 kids and two dogs🙄 “ So what method will you do”😳 The best I can clean kind!

Name
Jeff T
So I have a residential to do😏 10 yr old builder grade never been cleaned with 3 kids and two dogs🙄 “ So what method will you do”😳 The best I can clean kind!
Just do what I do when I don’t want to clean the bathtub...
I make sure my wife’s in the bathroom with me, I put a splash of water on the rag from the faucet, I throw it down in the tub, and stick my foot on it, and rub it back and forth.... all the while saying ‘look how good this works’...

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
This carpet is in a pretty fancy house, but still at the 10 yr. max, beat to crap, and even asking about method. And, “Brother Hayes, I know you don’t do residential, but”🙄 That’s why she called me and not Diana😂

Back
Top Bottom