Who carries these stainless connectors?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I swear, these brass connectors have a vendetta on me.
Three gone (middle of the job) in the last 18 months. But I get giddy with excitement when I am done with all the jobs at the end of the day and find out I'm still alive.

Can you blame me?

Good thing I carry two wands in the van. Pulled out my PCTi and man, I was flying. That damn wand is still a screamer.

Two wands and a crevice wand that collects dust (I guess if the brass nipple breaks on the spare one I can clean the entire carpet with it :winky:) , two stair tools, three upholstery tools.....

steve_64

see my Metallurgy thread.....
This is a misuse issue.

There's not enough material between the I d and the threads that cut deep. It can create a stress facture just from use. The pressure of the hose pulling on it and if you bump a lot of walls moving backwards. Then add the chems and hot water and yes stainless should last longer.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Hey Lee.
Celebrating 1 year with the new stainless steel connector. Neither breaking it (cause its stainless steel and not damn brass) nor gravely endangering my retirement- the super valuable valve (grand total $40.00).

Principles are great. Adjusting to reality- even better.
Life is good.

Reactions: Nomad74 and Mikey P

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Pay attention Ron. I didn't break the stainless steel connector. Those are great. That's what this whole thread is about.

It is the brass ones that broke all the time. I've noticed that a lot of brass these days is not very well made including from brand name USA manufacturers.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Pay attention Ron. I didn't break the stainless steel connector. Those are great. That's what this whole thread is about.

It is the brass ones that broke all the time. I've noticed that a lot of brass these days is not very well made including from brand name USA manufacturers.
Don't try to put the blame on the brass. You broke it , just fess up to it! 😁

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Beside Joe,
Who carries these:
View attachment 87809
It's the part that gives me frequent fits, as the regular brass nipple that everybody uses to connects the valve to the solution hose, breaks frequently. And is difficult to remove the threaded broken part stuck in the valve. I figure stainless steel is less likely to break.

Find a marine hardware store that caters to commercial fishermen or to shipyards. Shouldn’t be hard in the City.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
  1. Steph, I found it (a year ago). Just celebrating how well it works.......and without breaking. Anything. Lee!??
  2. I am not in a confessional (wrong religion buddy) mood: It's the brass Richard. It's the brass. Yet, on the other hand I have to confess that I don't remember what shoes I was wearing at the time. Could it be the .....?

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

No, I meant I've never broken a brass one in over 30 years. Trying to figure out you're breaking them.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Most brass breaks because of over tightening in my opinion. Use thread lube or Teflon tape and tighten until snug. Don't keep wrenching on it. Brass is very soft compared to steel .

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Mental tightness, if you ask me is the issue at hand. Go Stainless.

No, I meant I've never broken a brass one in over 30 years. Trying to figure out you're breaking them.
How many here believe that a real working CC (let alone supposedly for 30 years) never broke a brass connector?
I say Ron is not a carpet cleaner. The mounting evidence is that Ron is a BBCP (Buletin Board Carpet Poster). The Imby of CC threads, only Canadian. Canada- The birth place of Mardy.

Nough said? :winky:

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Mental tightness, if you ask me is the issue at hand. Go Stainless.

How many here believe that a real working CC (let alone supposedly for 30 years) never broke a brass connector?
I say Ron is not a carpet cleaner. The mounting evidence is that Ron is a BBCP (Buletin Board Carpet Poster). The Imby of CC threads, only Canadian. Canada- The birth place of Mardy.

Nough said? :winky:
Yep, I think you're wound a little too tight. I don't drop my wands or step on them. I am careful with my tools. The only time I've had a brass connector break, is trying to remove one that's either seized or over tightened.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I've had a brass "close nipple" break at the front a 405 behind the qc and ball valve. Somebody needed to move the truck and did so with said hose attached.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Oh Yea.
In my case it would have saved thousands of ....... pennies of the valve.

Mental adjustment Lee. Rigidity is good with certain components never with attitude. The brass makes total sense in a situation like the machine or to preserve a much more valuable component, no sense at all with the valve. And by the way, even a screw extractor could not take the broken brass piece out of the valve so the valve was lost anyhow.

And Ron....what can I say but stand quietly in total awe of the guy who never broke a brass component and who's portable equipment retrieves 103% of the moisture.-
"Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Oh Yea.
In my case it would have saved thousands of ....... pennies of the valve.

Mental adjustment Lee. Rigidity is good with certain components never with attitude. The brass makes total sense in a situation like the machine or to preserve a much more valuable component, no sense at all with the valve. And by the way, even a screw extractor could not take the broken brass piece out of the valve so the valve was lost anyhow.

And Ron....what can I say but stand quietly in total awe of the guy who never broke a brass component and who's portable equipment retrieves 103% of the moisture.-
"Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."
"Stand in awe", should be on your knees.

Reactions: ruff

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom