Who do you clean for for free?

Mikey P

Administrator
All the agents will con you for a free job

Well that ain't gonna happen.

I'm working for one of their managers tomorrow actually.
He built and sold my house house to me. I figured we would never do business together considering how picky I was as a buyer. I pointed out the smallest of flaws in the final inspection, which is what convinced him in would make a great cleaner...

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Well that ain't gonna happen.

I'm working for one of their managers tomorrow actually.
He built and sold my house house to me. I figured we would never do business together considering how picky I was as a buyer. I pointed out the smallest of flaws in the final inspection, which is what convinced him in would make a great cleaner...
You'll feel a little "sheepish" handing an invoice to someone you're trying to get
Something free from.....

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Mom and Dad yes.
Grandparents yes but they would insist on paying, always.
Siblings yes if I was in a good mood.

Everyone else, no way. I would never dream of asking them to do "their" job for free.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have 2 charities that I do a freebie for for Feb 22. I more than get it back as they hire me for other jobs throughout the year. I give each one a $250 gift certificate and usually get back aprox $1000-$1200 in other cleaning. I had a check bounce last year from a poor family that obviously had no money and were being forced by their landlord to have the carpets cleaned. I was pissed off at first but am just going to let it go. It would just cause them more hardship.

Reactions: JohnHawkP

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Just my church, the local food bank and my wife. I give a few of my favorite realtors a nice discount on their personal homes. Only 2 or 3 of the high volume gals, the rest pay full price.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I try not to do free work anymore. Its no longer fun for me to pull the hoses off the van and scrub carpets for free. Maybe it's just my mood this week. My days are so packed with projects and family stuff its hard to find time to do free work. When I first started I was doing free jobs all the time just to show off my equipment. Now no more.

I was in a leads group with my current Farmers Insurance agent. I asked him why he never calls me to clean his office carpets. He said Service Master does his carpets for free...... Hmmmmm

After hearing this, I always thought it would be a great advertising campaign for a restoration company to expose the good-old-boy system that goes on with insurance and restoration. I would market services that represent the interests of the homeowner, not the insurance agents. Just a thought. I can tell you in my area many of the resto guys suck.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
My mom and the wifes mom/dads.

However, most in the family do get a decent discount.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Do I still get crappy Chinese food?
REALLY.....? Plus my free CC lessons as well....
funny...
Art Kelly said something to the same effect.....he couldn't
get outta my house quick enough..

SOME PEOPLE!!!!!!

Steve...honest ta God
i'll NEVER forget the look on yor face.......

Reactions: steve_64

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Widows, missionaries when they will let me. Some tell me they won’t let me start till I tell em how much and they pay🤷🏻‍♂️ I had a widow missionary leave
and return to tell me she wasn’t acting right, she hadn’t paid me😳 Huuuney, stop it. I really do try todo what Jesus tells me. All others have to pay!!

FredC

Village Idiot
Can't say I've ever paid to clean anyone's carpet but my own.

steve_64

I WAS definitely ready to get out there. Genny and I laughed it off on the way home.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom