Who Do You NOT Buy From? Why?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
:?: :?: :?:
One website always wants a zip- They don't get my dollars.
One company I was trying to get a distributor set up with- No reply- They lose.
One distributor is arrogant to me- No bux. I've been at this 30 years and talking down to a customer is bullshit.
One runs down his competitors- No dough.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I ordered a short piece of vacuum hose (the kind that goes inside a porty) and two cuffs from a supplier - my first order from them. They sent the wrong cuffs. I emailed to let them know, and they emailed me back and promised to send the correct ones. A month went by and I emailed the owner a gentle reminder, no response. Another month and I sent another email, again no response.

5 or 6 dollars worth of cuffs is no biggie, but if they don't care enough to make good on promises or even answer emails, then I think I will shop elsewhere.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Doc Holliday said:
Name names Willy.

If they don't act as if they want your business i would not buy from them either.
Board superstars- My a$$ goes on the barby, but why not?(Can the grill marks go in a 45 degree angle this time?)
Interlink - no zip, no access. I could backdoor , but when someone creates nuisance, they aren't getting my money.

Janitors Warehouse (local) - Arrogant and ill informed, they always talk like the custy is an ignoramus.
Mytee - John never misses a chance to subtlety shit on Ed V. I find myself that I want to poop on the competition, but I resist because it looks bad to potential customers.

I'm not trying to start a war, but just some awareness. In my business, SERVICE is what makes or breaks me.I deliver optimum service and expect similar from my supply side. Unfortunately, I seem to hold too high of a standard,so it might be just me, BUT I do have some that deliver what I expect.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
While it's painful for them to hear of it, you are actually helping them.

We had a complain on an Air duct job last week and it sucked to hear a customer was unhappy but his complaint helps us deliver a better product to others.

He was happy with the cleaning but we dragged in a few leaves from the window well we accessed, a few crumbs of drywall on the floor from a couple of ceiling vents, dirty finger prints near a vents when a technician put his hand.

I'd much rather get a complaint and correct it, not to hear anything and they call someone else next time.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
That's right Richard the absolute worst complaint is the one you don't hear about. However, they tell (I forget the exact statistics) but it's something like 14 people about their bad experience. So I would much rather hear of any complaint and have the opportunity to fix it.

I received one on Sunday evening from a job I did on Friday (we would have followed up on Monday) however they called to let us know that the tech Billy (ha ha) "missed a small spot". We called right back and scheduled a 5 minute visit for this afternoon. What is great about this follow up it is in a new area that I would love to dominate. Even though they thought that their carpet was fairly clean that spot will stand out all weekend to let them know how clean we got their carpets. And I will certainly apologize that I had to return for this small spot. I do believe they will become a cheerleader.

I remember from my 30+ years in the restaurant business that most of my most loyal customers were the ones that I had the opportunity to personally address a problem that they had. Many of them followed me for years. I expect that this industry will be much the same.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yea I always laugh at the guys that say they never get any call backs.

While it could be true, but what they are not thinking about is some are just going to call someone else next year.

I don't like to have complaints, but if you make the changes necessary they will make you better.

Ryan

If they don't sell on ebay the chances of me buying from them goes down...

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Willy P said:
Board superstars- My a$$ goes on the barby, but why not?(Can the grill marks go in a 45 degree angle this time?)
Interlink - no zip, no access.

Several of our Canadian friends have pointed this out. The website was redesigend several months ago to allow those who don't live in the USA to click on the flag of the country in which they live. Then you get right into the site. No Zip CODE required.

Still looking for ways to improve the webs site. Your comments always are appreciated and get passed along to the web guys.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
scottw said:
Still looking for ways to improve the webs site. Your comments always are appreciated and get passed along to the web guys.

Scott,

As it was explained to me, the reason for entering the zip was so the closest Interlink store would get credit for the online sale. If this is really the case, couldn't the system be programmed to extract the zip from my shipping info once I placed the order? I have to enter it there anyways. It would be transparent to me, and I wouldn't have to enter it just to browse. Just sayin...

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
The zip code thing was always a bit off-putting to me as well. Nothing that would keep me from buying, but an annoyance and a bit of an intrusion.

Take care,
Lisa

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The concerns about the zip code are understood. I think I would find it annoying also.

Each independent distributor who is part of the Interlink Supply group, may have different items for sale. For example some distributors carry Hydramaster brand while others don't. So getting the zip code up front assures that you see items that your local distributor has available to sell.

So, working around the zip code is not as easy as simply extracting it when an order is placed. But web guys are working on it.

Again, thanks for the comments. They will get passed along.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
scottw said:
Each independent distributor who is part of the Interlink Supply group, may have different items for sale. For example some distributors carry Hydramaster brand while others don't. So getting the zip code up front assures that you see items that your local distributor has available to sell.

Understood. Interesting sales strategy, though. If I need an item that the local store does not sell, I would probably still order it online. Not showing it to me guarantees Interlink will lose the sale.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I hate the zip code thing too.

I won't buy from the ones that make you pay by pay-pal. Silly I know but if you can't open/run an ordinary credit card system then I worry about you.

I won't buy from the ones that are considerably cheaper if you buy/order online. Call me old fashioned but I like a little ear to ear (it used to be face to face) time if you want my money.

rick imby

Name
Rick
I've tried to get into the Zip code website and it has never let me in.

Try 59801. It just beeps at me and tells me to add my zip code.

Rick

Cameron1

yep....... there is a board advertiser that won't refund my money. I think I'm gonna out them

Jimbo

Midol might help, Willy

Maybe it was an off day for the folks who made you mad...stuff happens...emails get lost...maybe manufacturers don't want the hassle of an out-of-country location.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Sadly, I don't buy enough because I really don't use the products myself. I try to get my Techs to buy some stuff from the companies I respect like Jon Don and a few others.

I will even go as far as buying it myself and then split it with the Tech if I think they really need it. I did that with turbo tool once. It helps my business to have these guys tooled out enough to get the jobs done right so why not pitch in and make the money back anyway?

I've suggested a few here on Mikey's to my guys and I couldn't tell you if they bought from them or not.
I just can't keep up that well. lol

Speaking of which...how much is that Rotovac 360I ? One of my Techs is interested and I thought I might help him out...is there a Mikey's Board special?

Yes, I am sure I could make a phone call...but this is my home. lmao.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I prefer Pamprin Jimbo. !gotcha!

Les took the time to PM me- i understand things a lot better and pulled his name from the list.
Interlink is more aware of the problem.
The guys up here don't get my (and a few others) money, or a limited bit of it.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Brian R said:
Sadly, I don't buy enough because I really don't use the products myself. I try to get my Techs to buy some stuff from the companies I respect like Jon Don and a few others.

I will even go as far as buying it myself and then split it with the Tech if I think they really need it. I did that with turbo tool once. It helps my business to have these guys tooled out enough to get the jobs done right so why not pitch in and make the money back anyway?

I've suggested a few here on Mikey's to my guys and I couldn't tell you if they bought from them or not.
I just can't keep up that well. lol

Speaking of which...how much is that Rotovac 360I ? One of my Techs is interested and I thought I might help him out...is there a Mikey's Board special?

Yes, I am sure I could make a phone call...but this is my home. lmao.

Whats wrong with the price it is now? I'm sure if you call today (me) free shipping and the tile or carpet brush head could be thrown in at cost.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The problem with the price now is I don't know what it is.

I gotta see if the Tech is willing to open the wallet for it as well.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I won't buy from anyone that tries to defend their product (or to pressure people into buying) by painting a critic as too big of an idiot to understand how good the product is. Even if I was interested in the product I'd rather do without it than buy it from that guy.

The PayPal only is a deal killer for me too. A real business takes real credit cards, it doesn't make me join their favorite E-Bay scam company.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
interlink..zip code thing pisses me off but now i understand it
so it is not as bad..

jondon man you have to watch their shipping costs..i have caught a
few of them that were really marked up big time

les..had to leave a few messages, got a call back but had to play
phone tag to confirm what i wanted on 3-4 occasions..makes him look
like a small and unorganized at times..but they are really nice

greenie..**** him...as i read my post you can trust when i say ace is not what i put in..it was more like f..,u..,c..,k.., him

superior i am going to start doing more with, always very helpful

joe cool cuffs..cool to deal with and very helpful when greenie dropped the ball

cobb..is my go to place for most everything, few problems here and there but no one
is 100%

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
I order all my chems from Cobbs. Hoses, wands, cuffs etc from J Bristor. By far Joe has been the easiest to work with and super fast shipping.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom